Mercedes Benz parts department can't supply an alternator.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MB of Poole was a great source of classic parts. Ever since Shaun Zealey left, no one has worked there full time or in any real competent manner. They have a chap named Rodney but I'd recommend a patient approach when calling him.

Have your alternator re built .its not a hard job you will find lots of service places on google search. I rebuilt my own alternator in the past .You can do it if the brush track is not worn out .Just fit a new Bosch regulator and away you go .The parts i picked up were from a seller on ebay he had every part i needed .

Here's where we are gents.

Deadline: - Must (on pain of endless "why don't you just buy a newer, more sensible car you silly old fart" ) have functional car available at airport for réveillé tomorrow morning, boots blacked, to collect French visitors. Parents, two kids plus luggage.

Solution.

Generic Lucas alternator fitted and functional, all dead bulbs and relays replaced.

Old OE alternator off to trusted (but v. busy and slow) artisan to renovate to as new and to get refitted when done. New generic to sit on garage shelf until required.

Phew.

Thanks et bonsoir mes amis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom