Mercedes-Benz Recalls 22,000 Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Mercedes-Benz Recalls 22,000 Cars (C And E-Class)

Mercedes-Benz Recalls 22,000 Cars

Mercedes-Benz Recalls 22,000 Cars In The UK Due To Problem With Power Steering | Business | Sky News

Mercedes-Benz is recalling 22,355 cars in the UK due to a potential power-steering problem.

The problem affects C-Class saloon and estate models, and E-Class saloon, estate, coupé and convertible models built between June 2009 and February 2010.
The company says the problem involves fluid being lost from the power assisted steering system.
There have been no reported accidents or incidents.
Mercedes said it was working with the Vehicle Operator Services Agency to write to all affected owners later this week.
Motorists who are suffering steering problems should get in touch with their local dealer, Mercedes said.
The company said the repair work would take no longer than 30 minutes.
This latest incident follows the recall of 11,000 BMWs in the UK earlier this month.
There have also been similar recalls for Ferrari, Porsche, Lexus and Toyota this year.

Not the first time though:

BBC News | BUSINESS | Mercedes recalls 150,000 cars

Last edited:
E250 cdi sport,2 sets of injectors,computer remap,now this after 10,000miles its poor.not what you expect, at least i have a 92 250d 150,000miles, when mercs were tested, built well and reliable!!!!

Not impressed!!!

YAY! I called the dealer this morning and mine has a chassis number that may be affected and requires checking.

I would have felt left out if it wasnt affected after all the issues I have had with it.

Received my letter yesterday asking me to take the car in for P159 power steering recall. Third recall in 12 months - saddleback fuel pump issue, fuel injectors of course and now this. More recalls than all the other cars I've owned put together!

Also got my official letter yesterday. I believe they are removing the pump and fitting a new one (so the dealer tells me).
I am happy with this the same as my rear disks replaced under warranty as I have had a years worth out of the faulty parts :)

At least the pump didn't fail whilst driving.

Trollmobile off for its first service on Thursday. Am going to check tomorrow that they know about this recall and do the bits while it gets serviced.

Mine is in on wednesday for a check. They say half an hour is all that's needed and according to the letter it is just a check to see if there is a leak. If there is a leak then there will be a replacement.

This is the third recall. First was the engine management to try and avoid the second which was the injector failure and breakdown truck. This is the third.

I'm not at all unhappy about this, really, as apart from the injectors it is all relatively minor and not inconvenient. others may have different views but I have no intention of buying anything other than a Mercedes for my next main car (and possibly an SL as the obligatory mid life crisis open top car, if I can find one where the roof doesn't leak)

I got my letter last week. I am going to leave it till the December and book it in when my car is due its first year service.

+1 to the list of those who's got the letter, I received mine yesterday, car booked in on Monday.

Mine goes into MB MK next Monday.

Correction they are now not fitting new pumps but tightening bolts up and checking 3 other points, also replacing seals.

I got my letter last week. I am going to leave it till the December and book it in when my car is due its first year service.

Do you think that they might throw in the the service cost ???? nice gesture, good customer PR etc etc:)

A free £300 service ?? :D because they have to tighten up some bolts ?

You think ?

Seems mine is not affected. MD dealer checked chassis no this morning and it is not on the recall list even though it was built within the dates...so assume the AMG steering rack is different.

then again........................

t I have no intention of buying anything other than a Mercedes for my next main car (and possibly an SL as the obligatory mid life crisis open top car, if I can find one where the roof doesn't leak)

Most of the post face lift have no leaks.... (mid 2006)..

I can never understand why they recall the cars, why not issue a letter stating there may be a problem, if no loss of fluid is detected, carry out the recall fixes on the next service. After all it is only a potential hazard not definite.

Had mine done this morning, took less than half an hour and that included a wash, hoover and washer top up. Coffee at the dealer while I waited and a look round a rather nice E350 sport in Indigo Blue they had in the showroom

Most of the post face lift have no leaks.... (mid 2006)..

Thanks, I guessed that would be the case. However, the facelift model (which I really) like, is going to be out of my "boys toy" price range for something that will be used occasionally - I would be looking for something relatively cheap and cheerful in relation to that at about 25-30K

Sorry for hijack............

Had mine done this morning, took less than half an hour and that included a wash, hoover and washer top up. Coffee at the dealer while I waited and a look round a rather nice E350 sport in Indigo Blue they had in the showroom

Mine was done this morning. I wish they washed mine! I was even met by the MD of the place. The car could've done with a wash, now I have to get it done myself (going to my mothers in the week, and we all know what they're like for dirty cars :dk: )

got letter last week.

THis am pump fialed and dumped all steering fluid onto drive. Almost impossible to move steering wheel after that.

Recovered by MB to dealer. Loan coming tomorrow.

Lets see what happens. Thats a 6 month old W212 E350,

Shocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom