Mercedes benz service plan value ( Amg )

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by The _Don, Sep 2, 2016.

1. The _Don

The _Don MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mb
    This may help folks answer some questions about the Mb service plan -

I took out a three year service plan for my c63 after the first A service so the plan covered the following services B A B, the cost was £1620 which equates to £540 per service.

The second B service consisted of the service plus brake fluid which would have cost £540.

The third A service had the following extras, transmission oil and filter change, new air filters and rear lsd oil change which would have cost £820.

The fourth B service due next month has spark plugs and brake fluid due as extras, cost £837

Total cost without service plan £2197 so a worthwhile saving of £577 with the service plan.

The coolant and fuel filter are due at 155k miles or 15 years!

The service plan can be paid over 12 24 or 36 months and includes a courtesy car.

Just phoned Mb and managed to get a quote of £1518 for a new three year service plan which is £42.17 a month/£506 per service.

Each service renews mobilo cover

http://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...rcars/home/ownership/roadside_assistance.html

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    4 people like this.
  2. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    It's great value, plus not forgetting roadside recovery. Encouraging to see that an AMG service plan can still get good savings

Just dropping mine off for its A service now, waiting for the courtesy car

3. sjmaxwell

sjmaxwell MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 E Class E63 PPP, 2012 SLK55 AMG
    Yep, can save getting some nasty big bills and Mobilo cover is very good both in the UK and Europe! :D

4. st13phil

st13phil MB Enthusiast

Car:
    His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
    I don't think I'd go that far :crazy:

IMO, the Service Care plan just reduces Mercedes-Benz Main Dealer rates from laughable rip-off to major shafting :D

I agree though that if you are using the Main Dealer network for your servicing the Service Care plan can offer a worthwhile saving over PAYG which, a cynic may say, is why the PAYG service charges are set at the astronomical level they are.

1 person likes this.
  5. carguy

carguy New Member

Car:
    Mercedes E class cabrio E220d
    Bought a 3 month-old ex-demo E class Cabrio in July. Financed some of it on a PCP and was told that in order to preserve the future value of the car (balloon payment), I would need to have Mercedes service the car. Signed-up for the 3 year plan. As each of the yearly services costs £420 (12 monthly payments of £35), I thought I'd take a look at the Service Schedule to see what you actually get for your money. I can't find details of what they actually do, other than walk around the car doing visual checks.... Oil and filters? Anybody know?

6. sjmaxwell

sjmaxwell MB Enthusiast

Car:

Check the my service website, put in your car details and it tells you what's in the service

7. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

Car:
    C300h loaner as my C250d broke after only 900 miles :(
    How did to manage to get the discount?

With the mobilo cover should you get anything to say you have it, or do you just press the button in the car when you need it?

8. WG M-B

WG M-B Auhorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    C63 Wagon in black
    It's the 4th year service that kicks you in the nuts financially unless you do 40k in 3 years.
    4 year service includes....
    Full inspection and other small bits
    Engine oil and filter
    Pollen filter@ 2yr
    Brake fluid@ 2yr
    Fuel filter@ 4yr (this is expensive)
    Air filter@ 4yr
    Transmission fluid ( although this should be done at year 3)

The transmission fluid intervals have moved back and forth over the years. But the above service is very expensive!!!!!

9. Rory

Rory MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model)
    Exactly. It's clear that MB has leaned on dealers to keep pricing high so as ServiceCare looks attractive.

We do see some members commenting they've been able to get much lower PAYG prices - indeed I had a B Service for £249 earlier this year, justified on my car due to its age. OK, it's not an AMG but the work is the same with a little less oil. I don't even think that's a bargain - it's still only a glorifed oil change, plus pollen filter.

1 person likes this.
  10. sjmaxwell

sjmaxwell MB Enthusiast

Car:

Plus a years Mobilo cover

11. Rory

Rory MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model)
    That a possible benefit - be careful as its scope changes as the car gets older - but there's no real cost to MB unless the cover is used. Daughter's Mitsubishi get their full cover renewed and its last service cost £92.

12. OP
    OP
    The _Don

The _Don MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mb

I asked for a discount he stumbled and asked if i had previously taken out a service plan i replied yes and he then said he could offer a discount on a new plan.

Mobilo is renewed upon every service.

13. sjmaxwell

sjmaxwell MB Enthusiast

Car:
    I thought we were talking Mercedes. My wife's Ford gets whatever they offer breakdown cover wise with every service and like the AA, RAC Green flag (and indeed any insurance) you pay a premium but most times you don't use it. I was pointing out that the fee for these are part of the service on your Mercedes but bare in mind you can get the cheaper option now which doesn't give the full recommended service nor Mobilo cover if you so desire.