Mercedes-Benz V230 w638 petrol, one cylinder not working properly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

olx123

Car
W204 C320 CDI, W140 CL420
Hi, new member here. I recently started having problems with V-class after I haven't driven it for a couple of months. First problem i noticed it was in limp mode probably caused because of one of the cylinders not working properly. After reading the fault codes(I'll post pics of them at the end of the post), I thought maybe I should check the spark plugs first but the problem is i don't know how to reach them. I was hoping that someone could guide me how to reach them. Thanks in advance. I know the fault codes show an code indicating a bad injector, i don't think thats the case. A faulty coil or spark plug can probably show the same fault code. It's a 1997 V-class 2.3 litre petrol engine fully equipped.

changed the spark plug, issue remains. not sure whether or not buy a new coil pack or the problem might be in a bad injector.

If say it was a faulty injector, wiring or control unit

Merc vito w638 auto year 1997

changed the spark plug, issue remains. not sure whether or not buy a new coil pack or the problem might be in a bad injector.

hi,

did you manage to sort out the problem with your car?
am having the same problem,
engine keep going to limp mode, fan only coming on at 120 degree
rave counter does not pass 2000 rpm
smell of petrol

Mercedes benz vito 1997 w638 auto

hi guys,

i just bought this Merc Vito Ambiente, it idles fine but after pressing the pedal i get a miss firing sound, so decided to scan it, response was cruise control needed attention and car was on limp mode.

so checked the cruise control, yes it was not even coming on, drove the car and yes it could not go pass 2000 rpm, if i try to force it i get the sound of miss firing and engines cuts off.

right, done the full service, plugs and all its new, gear box oil change, sadly gear box filter only changed at full gear box striping,

Now, can anyone help?
i need directions on where to check next,
:wallbash:

hi

what scanner did u use? and did u manage to solve all the problems with the car?

Unfortunetaly didn't solve the issue and the car ended up in the junkyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom