Mercedes Benz W-210 E220 cdi smoke issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jahanzaib Munir

Car
Mercedes Benz W210 E220 CDI
Hey all,
I am new to this forum but have been a regular visitor. I have a w210 e220 cdi 2001 model with 133000 miles on the odo. The problem I am facing is that the car is giving out a lot of black smoke on acceleration (hard an soft both). The pick is ok, the consumption is 10-11 km/l, the starting is perfect. but yes when cold it idles roughly as in its engine jerks a bit. Kindly help me out in this matter.
Regards

sounds like blocked egr valve, faulty injector or boost leak

As mentioned above it may be inlet manifold flaps are broken off the inlet shut off motor

Or egr valve and others stated in last post

I have the same problem myself and I have a stars machine i checked my injectors they were ok it turned out to be the plastic arm from inlet shut off motor to inlet manifold the ball join wears and falls off

Keep us posted

sounds like blocked egr valve, faulty injector or boost leak

I had put brand new injectors and manifold at 110,000 miles, replaced the shutoff motor and cleaned the egr at 130,000 miles..What else can be wrong??..:/

Anyone?? please...

Boost leak?

Excessive black smoke is caused by over fueling.

Boost leak?

Excessive black smoke is caused by over fueling.

Its not boost, coz now the car starts giving out smoke even if its at stand still, lots of black smoke on bstand still when A/C is turned on, otherwise smoke is only on accelertion.

It reads like a poorly spraying injector.

... or Lamda/O2 sensor.
The little £10 code readers on Flebay pick up the deathcode for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom