Mercedes Benz W202 1997 Elegance - replacement speakers - HELP PLEASE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RIJKO

Car
Mercedes Benz W202 1997 Elegance
I have my dads old Mercedes C180 W202 which he loved and cared for and it still looks new. So its become part of the family. The single din head unto was a Grundig 7500 RDS which has been great for many years head and the speakers were standard factory fitted (two front door 6.5 inches, two co axial rear door I think 4 or 5 inches and two downward facing rear parcel shelf speakers, I presume sub woofers also 6.5 inches ), I have just replaced the single Din head unit with an Alpine CDE 193 BT (which is great but too complicated!!) and I have upgraded the two front door speakers with the Focal 165 AS kit which now provides me with a tweeter under the front dash grill and a 6.5 speaker in the door. So far so good except the Alpine has too many complicated settings. It sounds pretty good but I saw that the rear door speakers are shot. The rear standard subs seem fine. I don't want to spend loads of money on amps so do I A) simply replace the rear door speakers with the Alpine 110/130 AC (coaxial) and keep the rear subs or do I B have the rear door speakers and the parcel self subs taken out and put new coaxial speakers in the rear parcel shelf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom