Mercedes-Benz W211 E55 AMG Proves You Should Be Careful Who You Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Strangely, sounds very familiar.

A cream interior would have been a lot nicer. Beige is just horrible. Still, exterior is rather nice!

You'd have thought they'd have cleaned the tailpipes on a sale car as well. :(

Agree about the interior colour by the way, too bland and doesn't suit the car at all.

Not seen any others for sale in that colour before, is there any way of finding out the sales figures for each colour?

I think I've seen one or two one here since I joined.

My estimate of production numbers per colour:

Silver - Sh*t loads
Black - Quite a lot
Every other colour - bu66er all

I think I've seen one or two one here since I joined.

My estimate of production numbers per colour:

Silver - Sh*t loads
Black - Quite a lot
Every other colour - bu66er all

I don't think I've seen a non silver W211 on the road yet! Vast majority of the ones on sale are silver as well. I'm after one in black or maybe grey. The blue one is suitably different, pity about the hearing aide interior.

I don't think I've seen a non silver W211 on the road yet! Vast majority of the ones on sale are silver as well. I'm after one in black or maybe grey. The blue one is suitably different, pity about the hearing aide interior.

Mine is Tektite grey - I've only seen one other UK W211 E55K in this colour and one UK W211 E500 since March 2011.

Johns colour is really very nice and looks super smooth all polished up. Black is a timeless classic colour but is a labour of love keeping looking great.

My wifes seat I can wash and leave to dry and it looks good. If I did that on mine it would look bad. I even tried a DI vessel which helps but the non DI cleaning water gets retained in the gaps so I end up drying down all the time anyway.

In order to get that deep shine I love, I also have to use a decent QD after every wash. Now its not a massive deal as I view the car as sort of a hobby, but sometimes when you just want it looking clean longer it can be a drag.

:D

Doesn't have faux carbon fibre trim like mine though (see my gallery). :bannana:

That one has a nice key - I need a replacement for one of mine - are those keys expensive anyone know?

Maybe that's the one he's seen ;)

That exact thought went through my mind...!

However, I cannot remember exactly but it was posted up here and I think it was a 2004/04 - so I don't think it is the same.

I paid £180 for mine from a company just round the corner from MSL.

That's a VERY good price if it's all brand new and includes coding to the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom