Mercedes-Benz; Why you no like me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I had the 'air suspension, visit workshop' come on the dash on Saturday on the E55 which was diagnosed as a strut.

Today, a red light came on the dash of the ML 'drive straight to workshop without changing gear'. This hasn't been diagnosed just yet, mostly because I would prefer to stick my head in the sand for a day or two whilst I drive about in my Fiat Ducato.

I really like both of these cars, love my E55 in fact, so why do they treat me so bad (and within days of each other!!!!)

They're filling in for your Range Rover...

I had the 'air suspension, visit workshop' come on the dash on Saturday on the E55 which was diagnosed as a strut.

Today, a red light came on the dash of the ML 'drive straight to workshop without changing gear'. This hasn't been diagnosed just yet, mostly because I would prefer to stick my head in the sand for a day or two whilst I drive about in my Fiat Ducato.

I really like both of these cars, love my E55 in fact, so why do they treat me so bad (and within days of each other!!!!)

I got this warning in my ML once when I reversed out of our courtyard, and switched to D. Turned engine off in a panic then realised I was in the middle of the lane so had to turn back on to get it in and it had gone never to be seen again.

I got this warning in my ML once when I reversed out of our courtyard, and switched to D. Turned engine off in a panic then realised I was in the middle of the lane so had to turn back on to get it in and it had gone never to be seen again.

I hope that turns out to be the case but I'll be plugging the ML into Star in the next few days to see what's showing.

What about one of those diesel V8 A8's, do they take your fancy...?

What about one of those diesel V8 A8's, do they take your fancy...?

I had a Q7 V8 TDI and the engine was excellent but an A8 isn't much use to me to be honest.

The E55 issue is probably age related and a known fault so goes with the ownership. The ML issue is more of a concern, but I'm hoping it's just something simple for you.

I guess if you want a premium 4x4 you don't have a huge amount of manufacturers to choose from.

Lee

I would lend you one of one, but !

C240. Fuel pump failure
C55 front SAM failed
124 gear box issues

I love my Pajero.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

The E55 issue is probably age related and a known fault so goes with the ownership. The ML issue is more of a concern, but I'm hoping it's just something simple for you.

I'm pragmatic about the strut, it's just one of those weeks where everything seems to be going wrong and costing me money!

The gear selector module (?) seems to be a common issue on the W164, I've noted in the history that it's had one already fitted by Mercedes, so I'm hoping it's nothing too drastic.

I think these cars know 'hmm, owner hasn't spent any money on me for a while' and decide to light up the dash!

I think these cars know 'hmm, owner hasn't spent any money on me for a while' and decide to light up the dash!

I do expect to spend money on my cars, they are second hand after all, it's just annoying when they all get temperamental at the same time! :(

Hopefully nothing major.

That's also one of the reasons I got rid of the E63 spent a fortune on it just maintenance and mods.

They do give you the massive grin factor though when everythings working in harmony and you floor it.

They're filling in for your Range Rover...

Out of the 30,000+ miles I did in the Discovery and two RR Sports, the only thing *the only thing* that went wrong with any of them was a leaking injector on the D3 2.7TDV6.

That was it.

I don't want to list what my love affair with Mercedes has cost me over the years...

I do expect to spend money on my cars, they are second hand after all, it's just annoying when they all get temperamental at the same time! :(

I know the feeling Lee, finally get one sorted and the other one decides it needs attention! :wallbash:

Out of the 30,000+ miles I did in the Discovery and two RR Sports, the only thing *the only thing* that went wrong with any of them was a leaking injector on the D3 2.7TDV6.

That was it.

I don't want to list what my love affair with Mercedes has cost me over the years...

i have not had a mercedes but never had problems with fords, vx's hondas etc. if you think the jlr stuff is better you should maybe get that instead. i am looking for an s class lwb as i have two tall sons but i wonder if i am crazy and should get a nice s80 and tell them to squeeze in a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom