Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^ Have you already paid?

You maybe better looking around and foing as other have, source some alloys and tyres seperate and also saving qute a lot.

As you say you need to know now as the prices of tyres goes up the colder it gets...

Good Plan.

Paid a £200 deposit.

Can anyone recommend a place I can get a set of W204 16" Alloys (Genuine MB) at a good price? I know where I can get tyres. Unless I can get a good deal for buying both.

Best price for MB alloys I have found is about £650. (So the £799 wheels and tyre deal was excellent value)

^ Maybe thats the problem the deal was too good and now they cannot find supplys :(

It does sound a Good deal. Given tyres will probably be £500?

^ Maybe thats the problem the deal was too good and now they cannot find supplys :(

It does sound a Good deal. Given tyres will probably be £500?

I managed to get a 4 x 16" Michelin Alpins for £380 (ordered in June from Costco) what really annoys me is they had these in stock and I cancelled my order 10 days ago because I was promised the MB tyres and wheels. These would now be about £460. So now I have lost my bargain Alpins and if MB cannot get there act together on this I will also loose out on the promotion.

I had the same worries as you - paid £200 deposit, told approx 2 weeks delivery but it turned into best part of 5 weeks. Thought crossed my mind - as they've taken the deposit they have effectivly contracted to supply, so legally I would think they have to honour the contract - one way or another!

I had the same worries as you - paid £200 deposit, told approx 2 weeks delivery but it turned into best part of 5 weeks. Thought crossed my mind - as they've taken the deposit they have effectivly contracted to supply, so legally I would think they have to honour the contract - one way or another!

Totally Agree :thumb:

Thought crossed my mind - as they've taken the deposit they have effectivly contracted to supply, so legally I would think they have to honour the contract - one way or another!

I would take that position too, but it's almost certainly wrong so may I suggest you go gently or they'll give you your deposit back and tell you go away.

This is one of the reasons why it's very dodgy when garages refuse to give car buyers who change their minds their deposits back - you'll find the garages T's & C's allow them to cancel without penalty.

You might be able to argue on a parts sale that your attention wasn't drawn to the T's & C's.

If they simply can't get supply as planed so therefore offer you a full refund, then under UK law there is nothing more they are obligated to do.

So unless you can prove that they never had any intention to supply and then refused you a refund, then I am afraid that's that.

Well I have calmed down now. As you say if they cant supply they will just refund me. I will give them a few days to find out what is happening and then I had better order up a set of tyres again from Costco, at least the 20% discount is currently on again.

If they simply can't get supply as planed so therefore offer you a full refund, then under UK law there is nothing more they are obligated to do.

So unless you can prove that they never had any intention to supply and then refused you a refund, then I am afraid that's that.

In law Goldfish 11 had a contract with MB for the supply of a product for an agreed price. If MB cannot supply that product they are in breach of the contract. Goldfish 11 would then be able to purchase the same product from elsewhere and if it is more expensive, MB would be liable for the additional cost.

If I had ordered from MB only to have them cancel at this stage, i would be screaming and shouting at them for compensation.

I bought my winter tyres (which i had fitted today - and no, the degradation will not be hugely increased, for whoever asked) ...... the rears were £186 each, now they are no longer available, however, when they were last week, the cost was £238 each :eek: and the fronts were £23 more each

That's a £150 increase !!

Well I have calmed down now. As you say if they cant supply they will just refund me. I will give them a few days to find out what is happening and then I had better order up a set of tyres again from Costco, at least the 20% discount is currently on again.

Hi
Sorry to hear that they have still not arrived.

While you are waiting why not ring customer service on 020 7660 9993.
(Gets you through to MB CS in Maastricht, NL).

You will find them extremely helpfull and be amazed how quickly it gets escalated.

Best of Luck
mbowner

I finally gave up - having ordered in August!! Now bought a set of alloys with tyres from Alloys Direct.. More expensive than the MB deal (probably wouldn't have been in August) but at least they will arrive - I hope!

Have expressed my displeasure to the MD of the Dealer (no response!!) and to MB Customer services in Maastricht...

Guaranteed no snow and mildest winter for years now!!

In law Goldfish 11 had a contract with MB for the supply of a product for an agreed price. If MB cannot supply that product they are in breach of the contract.

Right up to this point you are spot on. If however they can't honour their side of the deal they have the right to offer a full and prompt refund. This then discharges them from their obligation.

Goldfish 11 would then be able to purchase the same product from elsewhere and if it is more expensive, MB would be liable for the additional cost.

Feel free to quote me some case law but MB are not liable for anything under UK law here.

Right up to this point you are spot on. If however they can't honour their side of the deal they have the right to offer a full and prompt refund. This then discharges them from their obligation.

Feel free to quote me some case law but MB are not liable for anything under UK law here.

Don't wish to get into a protracted debate, but under UK law the remedy for breach of contract is "damages".

1. A binding contract was in place
2. MB (or in this cae the dealer) was in breach of contract
3. Remedy for breach is damages.
4. Damages are the reasonable losses experienced by the innocent party.
5. Damages are compensatory – not restitutionary.
6.The amount of damages is to compensate the claimant for his loss not to punish the defendant.

Case Law
Poussard vs Spiers and Pond for actual breach
Hochster vs De La Tour for anticipatory breach

:)

Don't wish to get into a protracted debate, but under UK law the remedy for breach of contract is "damages".

1. A binding contract was in place
2. MB (or in this cae the dealer) was in breach of contract
3. Remedy for breach is damages.
4. Damages are the reasonable losses experienced by the innocent party.
5. Damages are compensatory – not restitutionary.
6.The amount of damages is to compensate the claimant for his loss not to punish the defendant.

Case Law
Poussard vs Spiers and Pond for actual breach
Hochster vs De La Tour for anticipatory breach

:)

Good luck on that one

Update from Dealer

Dealer is trying hard but it seems as usual they are being Sc***ed by MB corporate.

MB are now quoting 8 weeks from date of order (I was originally quoted 2 to 3weeks).

My order was placed on 29th September so in theory they should be with me on the 24th November i.e. Next week.

I asked dealer for some re-assurance on this but they cannot give any (as MB won't give any!)

Costco tyre promo ends this Friday so decision is do I wait a week or do I get some back ups. Think I may wait.

Will also try MB Customer Service but they really hate me as I have been screaming at them about an other issue for the last month.:doh:

Edit - Called MB Customer Services told they are looking into it as there has been a problem recognised. Will get back to me soon.

Last edited:
Weather Update

One of my colleagues at work is a very keen weather forecaster. I spend my time on Car Forums he spends his time on Weather Forums:crazy:. Has a massive weather station in his Garden :D He also is a winter tyre enthusiast

Anyway got a weather update from him. He says the weather forums are quite upset as it seems there is no interesting weather for at least 2 weeks. He is not putting his winters on yet.

So it seems we have a bit more time for delivery.

Costco tyre promo ends this Friday so decision is do I wait a week or do I get some back ups.

Order them anyway. You can always cancel if they don't arrive, or take them away (my local branch, Chester, chase like mad to get you to collect tyres once they arrive) but don't fit them and then you could return them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom