Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
Just got details from Mercedes Benz of Bedford that the Winter Tyre Promotion has started running. The website is up. Sadly dont have link probably only dealers can view.

Prices are excellent - For example for a W204 C Class (My new vehicle).

For 4x 16" Mercedes Benz 7 spoke "Pristix" Alloy Wheels with Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D MO Tyres 205/55 R 16 91 H. For £799 inclusive of VAT (and fitting) for the set of four. Bedford even offered to store my summer alloys and tyres for the the winter for me:thumb:.

For Steel wheels the price was £749 inclusive of VAT.:confused: This seems mad considering you then need to buy some wheel trims (and perhaps special bolts for steel rims)

16" Mercedes "Pristix" are over £700 a set if you just purchased the rims on there own via the MB accessory catalogue or internet sellers. The tyres would cost over £400 for the set so this is a really good deal if you want rims as well. Effectively they are giving you the tyres for free. ( or your alloys for less than £100 each.)

7-Spoke incenio Light-Alloy Wheel "Pristix" - C Class 2007-On (204) SALON - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

17" inch wheels for the C Class were over £1K so did not pay much attention.

May be worth giving your dealer a ring if you want a set for any MB vehicle.

If I can get a set of B-Class rims with winter tyres for that price, I will bite their hands off! :)

If I can get a set of B-Class rims with winter tyres for that price, I will bite their hands off! :)

What size are the B Class wheels? I am sure they will be in the same league as the C Class. As I said they do both Alloys and Steel and 16" or 17" I was offered 17" but as I already have 16" fitted so I pay lower tax I thought I may as well go with the same.

What size are the B Class wheels? I am sure they will be in the same league as the C Class. As I said they do both Alloys and Steel and 16" or 17" I was offered 17" but as I already have 16" fitted so I pay lower tax I thought I may as well go with the same.

I have 17's on but for a winter set I would be happy with 16's :)

I have 17's on but for a winter set I would be happy with 16's :)

Looking at the B Class online manual you can fit 16" in the same size of tyre of the C Class. However the alloy rim is lightly different i.e. ET 46.

I would think you will get the same deal.

I would definatly contact MB Bedford for a price. Just ask for the Parts Supervisor Graham (I think)

Just spoke to MB Ashford (Kent), sounds like they're offering same or similar (he's not sure about storage) but will confirm soon - at the moment they've only got steels coming in. Told him that if they matched the Bedford deal for my S203 on 16's I'd have them!

Tamworth are doing the 17" for W204 for £1200 and will store. They are due into the country in the next 2 weeks or so. Interestingly they haven't ordered any 16" for C Class.
Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tyres.
I think this is the wheel

I was quoted a smidge under £2k for a set of 18" alloys:crazy:
As you've found out, the price of winter tyres goes up almost exponentially as the wheel diameter increases and the tyre aspect ratio decreases. In addition to this, narrower & taller winter tyres tend to work better than wider and lower ones. So...

Check carefully what options you have for your car as far as using smaller diameter wheels. For example, my W212 350CDI comes with 8J x 17's on it as standard, shod with 245/45 R17 tyres. The same car also has 18's as an option, yet the handbook says that for winter fitment you can use 7.5J x 16 or 8J x 16 wheels shod with 225/55 R16 tyres. The real kicker is that for premium-brand tyres (e.g. Conti Winter Contact's) these tyres are almost £100 per cover cheaper than 245/45 R17's.

Under their Winter Offer, MB can supply a set of 17's for my W212 shod with with 245/45 Pirelli Sottozero tyres for £1,396, which is about £270 less than they're available from elsewhere and so represents a pretty good deal. For some reason they're not offering a 16" option for the W212 in the UK :dk: so having weighed up the alternatives, I decided instead to source my own set of MB 5-Twin Spoke 8J x 16's shod with 225/55 R16 Conti TS830P's for roughly the same money (they actually cost me 46p more than the MB offer!). The advantage is that my next set of winter tyres will cost me roughly £400 less than had I gone down the MB Winter Offer route this year :thumb:

Can you fit a 16" rim on a facelift W204 Sport? i.e. do they clear the sporty brakes or are you in need of 17".

For £799 that's a good deal.

Red C220 said:
Can you fit a 16" rim on a facelift W204 Sport? i.e. do they clear the sporty brakes or are you in need of 17".

For £799 that's a good deal.

I double checked and gave them my VIN they say it is not a problem and anyway if MB say they fit and they don't it is their problem. It seems the 16 and 17 inch wheels are interchangeable.

I double checked and gave them my VIN they say it is not a problem and anyway if MB say they fit and they don't it is their problem. It seems the 16 and 17 inch wheels are interchangeable.

At that price, even I could be tempted.

Would the 16s fit a C350 CDI Sport?

Sean_250 said:
Tamworth are doing the 17" for W204 for £1200 and will store. They are due into the country in the next 2 weeks or so. Interestingly they haven't ordered any 16" for C Class.
Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tyres.
I think this is the wheel

Probably they can make more selling you the 17's. I am sure they can get you the 16's if pressed. Delivery seems to be quoted at 3 weeks.

I just got a quote for 16 inch steels and alloys from MB Oxford. The steels came in at £779 the alloys at £799. The alloys seem to be a bargain.

@MARK said:
At that price, even I could be tempted.

Would the 16s fit a C350 CDI Sport?

Mark. You need to double check the online manual. Your engine may have to much poke. I think yours is a V3 or V4 classification so the minimum size is 17inch.

Alloys for a 211 are £969.

Not sure why a 16" Alloy and tyre should vary by £150+ between the C and E Class. I'm almost tempted to get the 203 set, offsets aren't that far out.

The cheapest set for the 211 is the Steel with 205 section tyres for £729

Boys

20 years ago we all had cortina,s with 165/70/13

Who needs weather tyres ???????????????

Spoke to Mercedes Dartford and they had no knowledge of such offers??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom