Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spoke to Mercedes Dartford and they had no knowledge of such offers??

Send them the link to this thread and tell them to keep upto date! They probably are still unaware of the Special Edition 125 new vehicles and are wondering why they can not source Audio 20 systems.

The is an MB website that has been set up specifically for this promotion that the dealers can use :doh:

Mike Walker said:
Spoke to Mercedes Dartford and they had no knowledge of such offers??

This is a country wide promo. So I don't know what they are talking about.

I just been quoted £1200 from my local dealer for the 17" alloys below with Dunlop SP Winter 3D MO tyres and storage of the summers.

They are expecting the alloys/tyres in 2 weeks. I think I will go for these.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up Goldfish11. I was contacted by MB Milton Keynes where we bought the B-Class from and they have offered us a set for £799 which is a great deal! :bannana:

What is nice about this deal is that the alloys are not the bargain basement designs and actually look good. It will be nice to give the car a new look for the winter. Glad all this is helpful.

How long it it before the haters find something to slag the dealers off about the winter tyre promo.

I just been quoted £1200 from my local dealer for the 17" alloys below with Dunlop SP Winter 3D MO tyres and storage of the summers.

They are expecting the alloys/tyres in 2 weeks. I think I will go for these.

Is there somewhere you can look up the avialable options, or was that wheel & tyre image supplied by your dealer? I've got a set of winter wheels and tyres for wifey's car, and the weather forecasts are starting to mke me think I should get some too.

Wish I'd seen this thread a couple of days ago - sat at my dealer for an hour while they did the MOT. I've called them but they're too busy to talk to me - odd that, the place was pretty quiet (as usual) the other day.

Last edited:
Is there somewhere you can look up the avialable options, or was that wheel & tyre image supplied by your dealer? I've got a set of winter wheels and tyres for wifey's car, and the weather forecasts are starting to mke me think I should get some too.

Wish I'd seen this thread a couple of days ago - sat at my dealer for an hour while they did the MOT. I've called them but they're too busy to talk to me - odd that, the place was pretty quiet (as usual) the other day.

The image was supplied by the dealer. You should give the parts department a call and they should be able to give you a quote for your car.

The image was supplied by the dealer. You should give the parts department a call and they should be able to give you a quote for your car.

Once again I struggle with my useless dealer.

Service didn't ring back so I called Parts. Need to speak with Service! After several mins someone picked up the phone and had no idea what I was talking about - demanded to know where I'd heard of such a thing!

Insisted I had to tell them the required load index for the tyres so had to trek outside to look. Was horrified at the suggestion they might keep the summer wheels & tyres over winter.

Anyway, let's see what they come back with.

Once again I struggle with my useless dealer.

Service didn't ring back so I called Parts. Need to speak with Service! After several mins someone picked up the phone and had no idea what I was talking about - demanded to know where I'd heard of such a thing!

Insisted I had to tell them the required load index for the tyres so had to trek outside to look. Was horrified at the suggestion they might keep the summer wheels & tyres over winter.

Anyway, let's see what they come back with.

I have just been called by my dealer saying that due to a recent change in circumstances Mercedes can no longer store my wheels but they offered to swap the wheels at my home or I could book into the the workshop who would swap the wheels and deliver back the summers to my home for free. Wife won't be too pleased having these in the garage :doh:

Just spoken to MB Ashford and ordered a set of 16" alloys with Dunlop winter tyres for my W203 C270 - £799.01, plus they will store my summer wheels for me. RESULT! Aparently Lookers (who own MB Ashford, Maidstone etc) are getting a load of winter wheels in for Kent.

You watch, after our rubbish summer and buying winter wheels, what's the betting we have a very mild winter with no snow!!

You watch, after our rubbish summer and buying winter wheels, what's the betting we have a very mild winter with no snow!!
Snow or not you'd be safer on the winters! It's nice to drive in a bit of snow though, especially when you're so prepared!

Just spoken to MB Ashford and ordered a set of 16" alloys with Dunlop winter tyres for my W203 C270 - £799.01, plus they will store my summer wheels for me. RESULT! Aparently Lookers (who own MB Ashford, Maidstone etc) are getting a load of winter wheels in for Kent.

They are ripping you off :mad:. Ask for a discount and get it to £799.00 you are paying 1p over the odds :D (or is the penny for the storage?)

And don't worry about having any snow you will be stopping much quick and I know my fuel economy at lower temperatures was improved over straight summer tyres last year. Also you will not be lying in bed thinking "Oh no what time shall I leave for work if there is any snow?" Well worth the money.

I have just been called by my dealer saying that due to a recent change in circumstances Mercedes can no longer store my wheels but they offered to swap the wheels at my home or I could book into the the workshop who would swap the wheels and deliver back the summers to my home for free. Wife won't be too pleased having these in the garage :doh:

MB and the dealers have not really thought this through, imagine having to store say 100 cars worth of wheels. Lots of space plus think of the insurance on £100K worth of wheels. I am not suprised some of the garages are changing there minds.

I have a solution to your storage problem however, pile the tyres up, cover with a nice cloth, place pot plant or light on top and tell her it is an "Occasional Table". She may be shocked at your sudden interest in interior decorating, but just claim you are a changed man. Problem Solved :thumb:

The people who study sunspots and gulfstreams etc reckon it's going to be colder than the last two years, although probably with less snow.

It's already widely forecast to be much colder than usual in the second half of this month.

Typically negative - my information from BBC Weather is that winter is going to be dry and mild! Thanks to Mr Fish for the advice.

Also you will not be lying in bed thinking "Oh no what time shall I leave for work if there is any snow?"

What's "work"???:dk::dk:

I decided to retire rather early - 8 years ago, and still have to wait another 4+ years for my bus pass!!

Last year the main drag through our village was cleared pretty quickly, but our close was not - so I had hell getting the car off the driveway and the 300 yards to the main drag. Even worse was trying to get the beast turned round so I could reverse into the driveway when we got back - had quite a few of our neighbours out with shovels etc to help!

At least I have the old set of wheel bolts (as well as lockers) so my nice new ones will not get salted.

I receivedthe same details from Mercedes (Sytner) Bedford. Going for the 16" alloys and Dunlop tyres. Sytner will do the swap and store the alloys ready for next spring. I agreed to swap over at the end of October. They have taken a deposit of £199. My only query, which I did ask of the Parts Manager, was regarding the space for the front calipers - he said it would be OK - but we shall see.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom