Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just had an email from Lookers MB (who cover lots of the South East including my local dealer MB Ashford) about the winter wheels and tyres promotion - and aparently I get a free storage bag with my order! However, having ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for delivery. Aparently the large order is coming to their Gatwick place and being distributed from there, but my wheels are not yet in.

Chrishazle said:
I've just had an email from Lookers MB (who cover lots of the South East including my local dealer MB Ashford) about the winter wheels and tyres promotion - and aparently I get a free storage bag with my order! However, having ordered 3 1/2 weeks ago, I'm still waiting for delivery. Aparently the large order is coming to their Gatwick place and being distributed from there, but my wheels are not yet in.

Storage bag - more details please. My last set ended up in Costco bin liners.

Ordered mine from MB Milton Keynes just after this thread was started and paid £799 in full. Still not arrived yet but ETA is this week.

Yep I was told the same, they come with free storage bags.

My wheels finally came in but with the weather going up and down its hard to gauge when to make the change over!?
so your supposed to have them on when temp is around/below 7deg but some mornings its 0 and then by 10am its 19deg!??

The tv keeps telling us its going to be the worse winter......

I think I am going to go in this saturday and get them to swap the wheels over to the winter set. I figure the weather could change at the drop of a hat and don't want to get caught out.
I don't think it would harm the tyres or have a massive impact if I run winter wheels/tyres for a few weeks in normal temps would it?

The email just said "To receive your complimentary storage bag with your order for the upcoming winter, just contact one of our retailers below today", then listed the numerous places that are Lookers MB.

The tv keeps telling us its going to be the worse winter......

Well the November forecast is suggests no snow and little ice.

Monday 31 October 2011 to Sunday 6 November 2011
Mild but unsettled
It's Halloween on Monday but witches won't need to huddle around their cauldrons as the weather continues the current trend of unusually mild but also cloudy and often wet conditions, particularly in the west.
The start of November brings a bright day on Tuesday with some sunshine but also the risk of heavy and perhaps thundery showers - western parts of the British Isles once again, seeing the lion's share.
The weather system that brought record-breaking snowfall amounts to New York last week, heads towards the UK during the middle of this week - but don't worry the snow won't make it over here!
It will, however, deliver strong winds and slow-moving, sometimes heavy rain which will track its way eastwards across the UK during Wednesday and Thursday.
The end of the week brings a mixture of showers and longer spells of rain as well as some brighter spells, so umbrellas may well be required for those of you planning a trip to a firework display.
It will start turning chillier at night than we've seen recently with a risk of some mist and fog patches forming.
Monday 7 November 2011 to Sunday 13 November 2011
Chilly by night
The start of the week sees a continuation of the unsettled but fairly mild theme. Particularly in the north and west where it will often be windy and wet.
Scotland may see a little snow across the mountains and it will be chillier by night for everyone.
As the week progresses it will tend to turn drier and brighter but with pockets of fog and rural ground frost sometimes developing overnight.
Monday 14 November 2011 to Sunday 27 November 2011
Getting colder
Westerly winds will bring bands of rain across the UK but we will see some drier and brighter days.
Southern and southwestern counties will perhaps see more rain than normal, whereas the east of the country is likely to get the best of any brighter weather.
Temperatures will become closer to what you would expect at this time of year and any overnight clear spells will allow pockets of frost to form in rural areas, along with some mist and fog patches.

So November is looking milder than normal by the looks of things

As for December and beyond:

The weather beyond about a week ahead stretches even the most experienced weather forecaster. Complex numerical weather forecast models from the Met Office and the European Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (ECMWF) are run many times for the month (and season) ahead to build up a picture of the likelihood of different weather types affecting the UK.

So for those predicting the worse weather ever, are they not the same people trying to sell us winter tyres :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just heard some winter wheels and tyres have arrived in MB Bedford. It seems the MB supply chain may be activating.

They have no idea if these are mine however. Chap handling things is out today.

Had my wheels and tyres swapped over today. In the end I went for the 17'' package on Dunlop Winter Sports. £1200 and the dealer stores my summer tyres.

Attachments

• 04112011105.jpg
    04112011105.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 04112011106.jpg
    04112011106.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 04112011107.jpg
    04112011107.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 93
Mine arrived today! Will be fitting to the B Class tomorrow :)

Ordered mine 2 1/2 weeks ago (and paid £200 deposit!), was told "about 2 weeks" - phoned today, no-one available in Parts, let me take your number and we'll call back (MB Ashford). Guess what - no call back!
Chrishazle - Seems to be standard procedeure at MB dealers in my experience recently. Getting anyone to call you back is unusual, I find.

Had my wheels and tyres swapped over today. In the end I went for the 17'' package on Dunlop Winter Sports. £1200 and the dealer stores my summer tyres.

Hmm...they're a vaguely similar style to the 16" wheels on my wife's Honda Jazz and that narrow slot makes them a pain to clean. Not really ideal for winter.

The 16" 10 spoke wheels that are in the offer for the C Class don't look right at all, I think. My car has 5 broad spokes as standard - pretty well the same the 15" wheels I've put on the Jazz for winter. I'd have snatched MB's hand off if I could have got the same wheels as part of the offer.

Some of you may have seen my post on dealer replacing my original wheels, and I did a deal on the old wheels. Well the the old wheels have winter tyres on them in readiness for the promised cold spell...

Attachments

• IMG_1747.jpg
    IMG_1747.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1748.jpg
    IMG_1748.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1749.jpg
    IMG_1749.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 127
does anyone know if it's possible to fit the same size winter tyres all round on my existing alloys. I've a C220 CDI sport with 225/42 R17 front and the 245/40 R17 at the rear. I can find some 225's but am struggling with the 245 size issue . So can I fit 225's all round on my existing alloys without any issues?

does anyone know if it's possible to fit the same size winter tyres all round on my existing alloys. I've a C220 CDI sport with 225/42 R17 front and the 245/40 R17 at the rear. I can find some 225's but am struggling with the 245 size issue . So can I fit 225's all round on my existing alloys without any issues?

I think you can but its a bit of a stretch. Tyres for car van or 4x4 - tyres online up to 40% cheaper have Dunlops or Kumhos in the size you need. Recently had some for the SLK. Excellent service and very helpful staff.

Is this going to follow the predicted mild and very wet November?

I think our guess is as good as the MET office, but with the 63 I thought I would play safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom