Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£1300 for the slk ,but as its a second car i wont bother

GP801, CHEERS, Why is everything MB related so bloody expensive :)

So can I fit 225's all round on my existing alloys without any issues?
Yes. the only issue is that you'll have very little rim protection on the rears. 225s are a bit cheaper and frankly a little narrower is no bad thing for actual snow use.

does anyone know if it's possible to fit the same size winter tyres all round on my existing alloys. I've a C220 CDI sport with 225/42 R17 front and the 245/40 R17 at the rear. I can find some 225's but am struggling with the 245 size issue . So can I fit 225's all round on my existing alloys without any issues?

There is another thread on this subject and based on the advice from others who are already using this setup I've just done exactly this on my C320 CDI Sport

Cheers,
Got hold of Event tyres and tried for some Kuhmo KW27's front and rear. They had the 245 in stock but can't source the 225 strangely enough (on back order).
However they tried to fob me off with cooper tyres front but gave that a miss

RichardM said:
Hitman999 said:
I just been quoted £1200 from my local dealer for the 17" alloys below with Dunlop SP Winter 3D MO tyres and storage of the summers.

They are expecting the alloys/tyres in 2 weeks. I think I will go for these.

Just ordered myself a set too! Thanks for the contact details Hitman, they had stock about to arrive and were cheaper than my local dealers.

Well due to a incompetent incompetant lease company it looks like I won't be getting a C Class now :devil: so I will be cancelling my order for winter wheels/tyres. If anyone wants a set let me know and I'll put you in contact with the dealer.

Well due to a incompetent incompetant lease company it looks like I won't be getting a C Class now :devil: so I will be cancelling my order for winter wheels/tyres. If anyone wants a set let me know and I'll put you in contact with the dealer.

Oh no Richard, what happened?

The date has slipped and slipped and now might not even be this year so I am telling them where to go!

But every cloud has a silver lining :)

My wheels arrived and have just been fitted - and the 7 spoke variety is not the Elnath I thought it would be, it's the flatter spoke variety and looks fantastic! Only driven about 6 miles so far, but initial thoughts are that there is a lot less road noise than on the Falken FK452's and the ride is a lot better and more comfortable. Super service from MB Ashford, I'm well pleased!!!

Update - just had a ferret on alloywheelsdirect, the rims I've been supplied with are 16" Cygnus in Titanium Silver (price £674 at AWD), fitted with 205 55 R16 H MO Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tyres (£90 each at Camskills) so I reckon £799 is a steal!

Parts guy reckons MB have again shot themselves in the foot - seems this offer is popular and they're having supply problems! I order4ed mine on 6th October and they arrived today, so I'm OK!!

The date has slipped and slipped and now might not even be this year so I am telling them where to go!

But every cloud has a silver lining :)

Mine's due in the dealers on 24th Nov. I'll collect on 1st Dec, hopefully! What are you going for instead?

A CLS350 CDI which was available from stock so hopefully will be with me soon!

As mentioned earlier as I have cancelled I know Mercedes-Benz of Leicester have a set of 17" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels in stock 7.5 J X 17 ET 47 with Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D MO tyres size 225/45 R17 91H.
Total cost is: £1201.49 with the storage bags.

Let me know if you want the contact details.

Parts guy reckons MB have again shot themselves in the foot - seems this offer is popular and they're having supply problems! I order4ed mine on 6th October and they arrived today, so I'm OK!!

Just posted on t'other side, guy who bought an MB from MB Direct went to MB Bedford and was told the winter wheels and tyres offer has been suspended by MB - so if you haven't already ordered, you could be too late!

Just as a thought to you all on this......

I enquired with Mercedes for a good deal on cold weather tyres with wheels and was quoted the usual £1200 ish for a complete set, problem with that is that I didn't like the 17" wheel option offered. Call me fussy, but my 18's were one of the options to have to buy the car originally.

So i sourced a set of standard 6 spoke AMG sport wheels, second hand but in goos nick then researched and came up with a set of cold weather tyres in the 225x45x17 with the fitting, balancing & new valves all in at £760.00.

Tyres are Nokian made in Finland & having experience of these in severe conditions, now wouldn't buy anything else on the merc. So although the wheels are not new, you can't tell & its saved a small sum of £440 !!!

just an option if Merc are running out... otherwise just buy a set & swap them for your standatrd tyres..... http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/

Last edited:
Promotion Suspended !!!!! Where does this leave me?

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Still no winter wheels :mad: Called the dealership today to point out that I was the first to order at the end of September and was promised two to three weeks delivery.

Was told by parts department that Winter Wheels and Tyre Promotion had been suspended, and they have no idea where my wheels and tyres are and whether I would actually get them :crazy:

They are going to chase to see if I will be getting mine or not.

As you can imagine I am really angry. Hopefully will get update in next couple of days, but cancelled last week my back up order with Winters with Costco because I was promised my wheels and tyres would arrive in next few days.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think Winter has been cancelled too.

^ you still don't actually need them on yet though? If you fit them now then I thought they waer down quicker than a 'normal' tyre.

I assume if you buy them from Mercedes they are literally ready to fit so if you take then home you could fit them one evening in around half an hr?

I am not so worried I dont have them today but I suspect I will need them in a couple of weeks in early to mid December.

It is the fact they seem not to be able to tell me when they will arrive and also don't seem to know about progress. As usual they over promise and under deliver.

Does the suspension of the promotion mean that my order is also suspended? They dont seem to be able to tell me.

If they tell me they are not arriving for a few months I will just order the tyres and wheels from someone else who can guarantee delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom