Mercedes-Benz Winter Wheel & Tyre Promotion 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dealer is trying hard but it seems as usual they are being Sc***ed by MB corporate.

MB are now quoting 8 weeks from date of order (I was originally quoted 2 to 3weeks).

My order was placed on 29th September so in theory they should be with me on the 24th November i.e. Next week.

I asked dealer for some re-assurance on this but they cannot give any (as MB won't give any!)

Costco tyre promo ends this Friday so decision is do I wait a week or do I get some back ups. Think I may wait.

Will also try MB Customer Service but they really hate me as I have been screaming at them about an other issue for the last month.:doh:

Edit - Called MB Customer Services told they are looking into it as there has been a problem recognised. Will get back to me soon.

My cancelled set of 17" wheels/tyres are available now! They will look far better than the 16" wheels :)

RichardM said:
My cancelled set of 17" wheels/tyres are available now! They will look far better than the 16" wheels :)

RichardM, thanks for the offer I am going to give them a week. But I may take you up on this if nothing comes through. Hopefully they may still be available :)

My winter set have arrived at the dealers. Will hold off for a bit longer before swapping as its still fairly mild.

Good Plan.

Paid a £200 deposit.

Can anyone recommend a place I can get a set of W204 16" Alloys (Genuine MB) at a good price? I know where I can get tyres. Unless I can get a good deal for buying both.

I was talking to a man who has a spare set of genuine 16" 204 wheels and good tyres (not winter tyres) - he wants £300, I can pass on his contact details.

Arrived at Dealership today.

My Winter Wheels and Rims have arrived at the dealership today.:)

That means MB were to their word. i.e. 8 weeks from date of order.

Infact it has taken them 7 weeks and 6 days.

So for those waiting still find your order date, and then look to 8 weeks. (Not the original 2 to 3 weeks quoted!)

I am collecting on Thursday. Will let you know what they look like, I am going to be sad and not fit them straight away as I want to treat them with 3 coats of protectant to last out the winter.

What do you plan to use for this? It is a very good idea. :thumb:

I am currently really getting into Opti Seal Optimum Opti-Seal - Clean Your Car. but may use some acylic products like Carlack or Klasse CarLack 68 - Nano Systematic Care (300ml) - Clean Your Car motorgeek for Klasse Sealant Glaze. Opti seal is the easiest just spray wipe and walk away and nothing seems to stick to it and it lasts well. I have found it amazing on the new alloys as I had real problems cleaning them but with a coat of opti seal the brake dust and muck just wipes off with a damp sponge. My only concern is I have only been using it for 2 months. The Carlack or Klasse I know will be good for 6 months if you put a few coats on however.

I recently tried 3 products Autoglym alloy wheel seal, Ultima trim protectant and Opti seal. Opti seal did it best for me.

Edit Just found someone else who likes it for wheels see mini review below from website I linked to -

"Bought this specifically as an Alloy Wheel sealer..for that function, its fantastic and repels brake dust like no other sealer Ive used. On paintwork, its good but fails to reach the Premier League with the likes of Bilt Hamber,Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109, Dodo Juice Red Mist or Poorboys EX-P for longevity and shine. If youre just after a wheel sealer. ... Get Optiseal!!"

Last edited:
Duplicated post

Last edited:
Definately colder now so the winters are going on the car next week.

Order confirmed first week in August. Where are they? We'll let you know. Unimpressed by MB Norwich.

I got the last set from the liverpool dealership, 1200 for 17s, dunlop 3d, 225/45/17. The alloys are actually better than respectable. Mobile fitted and the price includes refitting the summer tyres next year. Stored the summer ones on the garage, so I can clean them up and wax them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom