Mercedes-Benz World Brooklands Incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Not sure what's happened here but there's a ton of Police at Brooklands today.

No-one there is saying much but it looks as though they've been ram raided overnight.

Quite a job to pull off in MBW, as anyone who's visited will know. I would imagine security there is generally pretty good.

I discovered this whilst visiting today to buy some parts.

I can't think of what you would steal from inside MBW that makes a crime of this nature worthwhile. But later remembered reading about this:

http://www.gethampshire.co.uk/news/local-news/red-bull-trophies-found-horseshoe-8297719

Similarities?

It looks as though the shutters for the boutique had been forced or damaged - or maybe run into after crashing through the not unsubstantial glass and metal structure.

Any guesses as to what's happened? Recent memorabilia or trophies etc perhaps?

Looks like a pretty serious job and doubtful to be the usual gifts or cars that they sell routinely!

Nut jobs? A few grand from a portable ATM - split five ways?

Is it really worth that amount of grief for a 'reward' of that size?!?

Surely much easier targets for cash machines than MBW? Eg pubs or local shops.

Genuinely astonished!

Precisely. Unbelievable. Some very desperate, but stupid people out there sadly.

Not surprised at all that they got caught. Mercedes-Benz World has ANPR, loads of CCTV, a security hut on the entrance to their 'campus' - plus surely pretty high-tech intruder alarms and is manned by security staff all the time (or so it seems). Even after all that, it must be a good 1/4-1/2 mile run from the entrance to the site exit and even then you've got fairly limited routes away from the scene. The police would no doubt be aware before they'd even got off site.

And it's not as though a smashed up pick-up truck racing around at near midnight with no rear lights is going to draw attention either!?

Strange people in this world :dk:

I could never really understand a cretin's thought process ... if there's such a thing.

Probably scrotes , high on skunk who thought they were criminal masterminds.

These sort of people aren't renowned for being the sharpest tools in the shed.

Rumour has it that they were pikeys - can I still say pikeys?

Next time I offer my car for sale they'll think twice before offering me such a poor part ex value ;).

If the Surrey Police report is accurate, they came from far and wide. One address does tie in with the suggestion that they might be travelling folk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom