Mercedes Benz World Driving Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi guys,

Has anyone done one of these driving experiences at Mercedes-Benz world? They offer either a 63 or a GT (£225 and £295) for 1 hour. :) You get a professional driver accompanying you around the track etc...

Sounds fun!

Cheers.

Never paid for an hour but I’ve done their full day events a few times (albeit not recently) and they were great fun.

I've been down there, saw them in action doing figure of 8s on the wet skid pan. Didn't think it looked worth the £££.

A taxi lap on a race track better value/more thrilling IMO

I've been down there, saw them in action doing figure of 8s on the wet skid pan. Didn't think it looked worth the £££.

A taxi lap on a race track better value/more thrilling IMO
You mean the passenger lap at Mercedes Benz world or somewhere else?

You mean the passenger lap at Mercedes Benz world or somewhere else?

I went to MB world with the intention of having a go on the skid pan. Didn't think it looked worth it.

Re taxi lap, I mean any race track, with a proper driver. I did it at the Nurburgring but most tracks offer something similar. Terrifying great

I went to MB world with the intention of having a go on the skid pan. Didn't think it looked worth it.

Re taxi lap, I mean any race track, with a proper driver. I did it at the Nurburgring but most tracks offer something similar. Terrifying great

It’s horses for courses, what do you want to get out of your experience?

an hour on the skid pan will teach you how to control the AMG oversteer for instance, a passenger ride round a track will show will what the car is capable of but will it help your driving?

Like Rob above, I've never done their hour experience, but on two occasions I've done the full day driving.
The first time was in a W205 C63s where I thought I pushed the car to it's limits. Coming to the end of the day I asked the instructor if he would take us for a few Taxi laps. That is when I found out what the car could actually do and made me realise I wasn't going to be the next Sir Lewis after all.
The second time was in a S213 E63s, which was as good as the first, but no Taxi lap this time.

I would recommend it to any first timers who fancy treating themselves, although I'm not sure how much you'll get done in an hour. It's amazing how quick an hour goes when you are grinning from ear to ear and the adrenalin is pumping.
After that, as Karl mentions, a Taxi lap is needed to show you how it's meant to be done.

I did an hour (I think!) back about ten years ago in a SL63 when they were running a crazy promotion (something like £50 instead of ~ £200). I figured I must have got that much value out of the tyres and fuel alone :)

It was great fun, although realistically the track is pretty small for the performance of these cars. It’s more to demonstrate some of the safety and handling systems than exploiting their track capabilities or performance limits.

Go for it, you’ll have a great day I’m sure. And MB World always has some interesting stuff to see :cool:

Hi guys,

Has anyone done one of these driving experiences at Mercedes-Benz world? They offer either a 63 or a GT (£225 and £295) for 1 hour. :) You get a professional driver accompanying you around the track etc...

Sounds fun!

Cheers.
I did it many years ago.
Expensive enough I suppose, but the package I chose doesn't seem to exist anymore.
it was a half day, and I got to choose 3 AMG cars.
I ended up picking an A45, a C63 & an E63.

I go to Brooklands fairly regularly and they go fast enough round the track to challenge the car's dynamics. The skid pan is a proper facility and you see them losing grip as they learn. There's a really nice secret squirrel spot in the museum where one can take a seat and watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom