Mercedes-Benz World (Stuttgart)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello smartbrabus,

I went 2 weeks ago - was well worth the trip. I have loads of photos but the sizes are too big for this forum (and I am too lazy to rescale them :) ).

Only thing is that they do not have many AMGs on display (they have a C32 estate).

And be warned that the factory tour does NOT run on a Saturday, even though their website says it is open Tuesday-Sunday. Also, it gets very busy at weekends - bit too crowded really.

Overall, worth the 8 euros to get in. Plus they have the Christmas market in Stuttgart city centre that also worth a visit (10 mins by train).

BTB 500 said:
I went in August, and posted lots of pictures in this thread:

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=29221

It's DEFINITELY worth a visit :)
Wow, completely missed that thread... photo overload :eek:

I'll be in the area on tuesday so it could be a goer. Did you do the tour of the engine factory?

smartbrabus said:
Wow, completely missed that thread... photo overload :eek:

I'll be in the area on tuesday so it could be a goer. Did you do the tour of the engine factory?

No we had a 4 year old and a 6 year old in tow, so we just did the main museum. I'll definitely go back (my OH's parents live nearby) so will do the engine plant next time.

Well I'm glad I made the detour - as everyone has said its well worth a visit. Took a one or two photos of course, here's a few that I don't remember seeing on BTB500's excellent photos thread linked above.

pc120030hv2.jpg

CLS 350 CGI - what does CGI mean? seen a few of these around.
pc120031jz7.jpg

The building itself is a work of art in its own right...
pc120037oh0.jpg

Looking down from the 8th floor
pc120053qi4.jpg

Which you get to by travelling up in a star trek turbolift
pc120054fl5.jpg

Guess what car this was...
pc120075ju1.jpg

A few quids worth of badges from the local parts dept
pc120092dn5.jpg

No more nails?
pc120111yz8.jpg

pc120113bt2.jpg

pc120116sw2.jpg

CGI is the direct-injection petrol technology. Was on the CLK200 a while ago. 350 CGI replaces the normal 350 I think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom