Mercedes Bromley, Caterham, and Chelsea Have Closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not hugely surprised by Bromley going.

It looked pretty small and I don't suppose the cost to rent (assuming they don't own the site) where that one was must have been pricey.

Not surprising, with Brentford being re-developed and MB World Brooklands relatively nearby.

I bought my last car through Brooklands, who are part of the same group as Chelsea. The car was a Chelsea car but they were happy to bring it to Brooklands for me to view/test drive and purchase. I don’t think Chelsea had much room on site to keep cars which meant they had to be brought over from an off-site compound anyway, let alone trying to test drive in London traffic etc! :)

Bummer, Bromley is my local. Picked up my last two cars from them. It looks like Croydon or Dartford could be my nearest then. Shame...

When they say Bromley I take it they mean Bromley Beckenham to close and not Bromley Sydenham (Sydenham not even in Bromley !) As Sydenham was purpose built only a few years back ?

The 'Bromley Sydenham' is for servicing only. That was moved out of Bromley Beckenham. As yes it opened a couple of years back.

I have bought two Mercedes from Caterham, and wold have bought a GLE in 2017 had they not agreed a deal with another buyer the day before.
It's never been anywhere close to me, but to buy cars, I always look nationwide and they happened to have the right spec cars, at the right time at sensible prices.
If we are buying wheels, I've never understood the need to stay local :dk:

I have bought two Mercedes from Caterham, and wold have bought a GLE in 2017 had they not agreed a deal with another buyer the day before.
It's never been anywhere close to me, but to buy cars, I always look nationwide and they happened to have the right spec cars, at the right time at sensible prices.
If we are buying wheels, I've never understood the need to stay local :dk:

Same... I've always bought my cars wherever they happen to be across the country.

Makes most sense to me to give yourself the most choice.

Sometimes you are lucky - sometimes not so!

But worth if it you want the right spec and keep cars for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom