Mercedes C Class Retrofit Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cscolours

Car
C200 CdI
I want to upgrade my standard Audio 20 unit to Comand NTG2.5 so that I can have integrated satnav and Bluetooth. Getting hold of a W203 for Class C is proving difficult at the moment so wondered if anyone could tell me what alternatives are available other than Mercedes command units. I have seen Dynavin unit and Mimi head units which purportedly do the same job at a fraction of the costs but I have no idea. Could anyone offer some advice as I really if I don't have the patients to wait for a NTG 2.5 W203 to surface.

I want to upgrade my standard Audio 20 unit to Comand NTG2.5 so that I can have integrated satnav and Bluetooth. Getting hold of a W203 for Class C is proving difficult at the moment so wondered if anyone could tell me what alternatives are available other than Mercedes command units. I have seen Dynavin unit and Mimi head units which purportedly do the same job at a fraction of the costs but I have no idea. Could anyone offer some advice as I really if I don't have the patients to wait for a NTG 2.5 W203 to surface.

Do a search on the forum for dynavin and you will see a lot of posts about the units.

The W203 NTg 2.5 unit is very very good. There is one on eBay at present but its £1200! they are rare indeed. If you dont want to wait, take a look at Kenwood or alpine units instead. they are way way better than the chinese 'copy' units.

Thanks Alfie any particular Alpine or Kenwood Unit? I suppose it will matter for an exact fit

To be honest they are all pretty good. We find the ALpine 925R and the Kenwood DNX7230 DAB both good. both have DAB, BT, nav etc. the kenwood though has a bigger 7" screen.

You will need a fascia adapter which will be around £20.

Do a search on the forum for dynavin and you will see a lot of posts about the units.

The W203 NTg 2.5 unit is very very good. There is one on eBay at present but its £1200! they are rare indeed. If you dont want to wait, take a look at Kenwood or alpine units instead. they are way way better than the chinese 'copy' units.

Yes the NTG2.5 unit that you retrofitted in my W203 is very very good indeed, thank you once again.

But £1,200 secondhand? Blimey, I am almost tempted to remove mine and flog it on eBay :D

(but not before I sell the car, and this isn't planned for any time soon )

Thanks to you both £1200 is too much to pay just for the unit. Will have a look at the Kenwood and alpine suggested.

Sorry guys just one more question, do either of the recommended units give steering wheel control or would I lose that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom