Mercedes C-Class W205 Handsfree Boot Access

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zishan

Car
Mercedes C Class W205
Hi All,

I opened a thread couple weeks ago with this issue I have uploaded a new clearer video explaining the issue which I hope someone can help me solve or guide me to a solution.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks,

Zishan

In all honesty it looks like it could be how you're doing it. They are very finicky systems, but mine works 90% by a quick 'jab' of the foot under the bumper. If I do it too slow, as in your video, it never works. A quick kick works much more often.

Have locked the car with the key or the keyless touch sensor?

If you double lock it (which turns off keyless entry) the remote boot opening won't work, you still need to push the button on the key.

Have locked the car with the key or the keyless touch sensor?

If you double lock it (which turns off keyless entry) the remote boot opening won't work, you still need to push the button on the key.

I have locked the car fine with the keyless touch sensor..

In all honesty it looks like it could be how you're doing it. They are very finicky systems, but mine works 90% by a quick 'jab' of the foot under the bumper. If I do it too slow, as in your video, it never works. A quick kick works much more often.

I've honestly tried every way of doing it, does anyone know if there is a sensor underneath I could clean?

If you unlock the car with the keyfob and then open the boot manually using the button in the bootlid, are you then able to press the red button in the boot that will close the boot and lock the car?

I know that sounds like a random question, but I had an issue with my car a while ago where the rear sensor wouldn't detect the key when I was at the back of the car. Keyless go and all the door handles would work, just the boot wouldn't respond to any of the keyless go features and it needs to be able to detect they key to close and lock the car using the button in the boot.

I find that it works on mine more or less consistently if you swipe your foot from left to right, also make sure your keyfob is not in a coat/fleece pockets as it will not work.

If you unlock the car with the keyfob and then open the boot manually using the button in the bootlid, are you then able to press the red button in the boot that will close the boot and lock the car?

I know that sounds like a random question, but I had an issue with my car a while ago where the rear sensor wouldn't detect the key when I was at the back of the car. Keyless go and all the door handles would work, just the boot wouldn't respond to any of the keyless go features and it needs to be able to detect they key to close and lock the car using the button in the boot.

Yeah I am. The red button to close the boot and lock the car work just fine (thank the lord), It‘s literally the keyless go feature that’s not working and it’s really annoying that this is happening less than a year of owning the car.

I find that it works on mine more or less consistently if you swipe your foot from left to right, also make sure your keyfob is not in a coat/fleece pockets as it will not work.

I‘ve tried everything, I think people must think I’m crazy when I’ve tried it a million times.

I can imagine a car park full of Mercedes owners doing this behind their cars:

I can imagine a car park full of Mercedes owners doing this behind their cars:

Hahaha literally😂😂by far you would think you wouldn’t have much problems with owning a Mercedes 😭😭

You might need to have the car plugged in to a diagnostic machine to check for any errors / software updates. Could be a glitch in the software and needs a reset / update.

Mine always works first time , stand in the middle , foot straight in , no problems .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom