Mercedes C Class w205 new shape manual gear stick shaking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faruk89, May 20, 2017.

1. Faruk89

Faruk89 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes C220
    Hello all,

I am new on here and have a issue with my new shape C Class W205 saloon which I am hoping someone can help with.

Whilst driving in gear 4 or 6, my gear stick excessively shakes and vibrates which I feel is not normal at all.

I have taken the car to the dealers and I was told that this is normal for a new shape manual c class? I somewhat find this hard to believe and with my past experience at the dealers, I feel as though I am being fobbed off.

The dealer warranty is also due to expire in the coming months and I was wondering if anyone has come accross this issue before and if so, should I believe the dealer's opinion that this is normal on a new shape manual c class?

Any advice will be great thanks!

2. C225

C225 New Member

Car:
    C220d Sport
    I have a few month old C220d and it does vibrate a little bit but no more than any other car I've owned and certainly never seen it shaking excessively.

If there is another garage nearby take it for a 2nd opinion. :)

3. OP
    OP
    Faruk89

Faruk89 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes C220
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. Does your gear stick tend to shake in every gear? My concern being that it doesnt shake excessively in any gear other than 4th and 6th.

If the shaking was evident in all gears then I may accept the notion that it is 'normal' as advised by the dealers.

4. C225

C225 New Member

Car:
    C220d Sport
    Just a slight vibration in any gear, and even then it's much less than the BMW 1-series I had previously which did vibrate a bit but that was probably due to the 3cylinder diesel engine.

5. Sergiuu

Sergiuu New Member

Car:
    Mercedes c220 bluetec Amg line
    Hello mate I have same issue with my Mercedes ,and honestly I don’t believe what main dealer said about that’s normal ,have you manage to sort the problem out ???