MERCEDES C Classe 2015 advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merco34

Hi guys

Going to look at the above wednesday... mileage is 60000.

Engine is a 1.6 116bhp diesel.

ANything I should be looking to ask the seller?

Does the auto box need fluid change?

Thanks alot

Hi guys

Going to look at the above wednesday... mileage is 60000.

Engine is a 1.6 116bhp diesel.

ANything I should be looking to ask the seller?

Does the auto box need fluid change?

Thanks alot
Hi,auto box fluid/filter change would have been due at 37,500 miles,nox sensors are problematic on 4 cylinder diesels from that year(my wife and I both had 2015 e220cdi’s and the nox sensors failed on both-£1000 each car at the dealers to replace but fortunately both under warranty).

Hi,auto box fluid/filter change would have been due at 37,500 miles,nox sensors are problematic on 4 cylinder diesels from that year(my wife and I both had 2015 e220cdi’s and the nox sensors failed on both-£1000 each car at the dealers to replace but fortunately both under warranty).
Thanks for the reply!!

In general are you happy with the C class Steve?

I had a c300hybrid (2015) and in general was a lovely car but I didn’t get on with it so only had it9 months(was Mercedes early plunge into hybrids and don’t think they got it quite right then)

Are you sure about the autobox as on the 7g tronic from about 2011 it required a fluid change every 5 years or 75000 miles?

Whatever you read regarding sealed for life etc the general consensus on this forum is every 37,500 or 4 years on any mb auto box.

Is this box sealed for life or do MB recommend the fluid change?

ps the 116 diesel is it chain or belt driven?

I believe MB recommend a fluid change at 5 years or 77500 miles on the 7 g autobox but best to check with them or look at the ESS service sheet.
Mine previous c class was done as recommended by MB at 5years.

Is this box sealed for life or do MB recommend the fluid change?

ps the 116 diesel is it chain or belt driven?
Some mb’s were sold as sealed for life auto boxes but to avoid any potential problems the experts on this forum will tell you every 37,500/4 years regardless of what your service book says.

I believe MB recommend a fluid change at 5 years or 77500 miles on the 7 g autobox but best to check with them or look at the ESS service sheet.
Mine previous c class was done as recommended by MB at 5years.
Think of your transmission fluid like your engine oil-it’s what ensures the auto box works seamlessly and gear changes are smooth,as the fluid gets older it gets dirty and tiny fragments of metal circulate the auto box in it hence the need to have it changed-hope that helps.

It’s 3 years 35k miles on the 7G and 5 years or 75k miles on the 7G+

+1 for the above.

Had my 7g done at 37500 twice (long story) and is due again at 75K (covered by care plan).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom