Mercedes C180 Kompressor alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndresAsc

Car
C180 Kompressor 2004
Hello everybody. I bought a very cheap C180 Kompressor whose remote control only worked very close to the infrared sensor on the drivers side door handle. However, after checking everything available on the internet to make the remote control work from anywhere, I noticed the alarm siren was missing on both drivers and passengers side. Also, the cables that connected to the alarm siren were also missing, as if they had been torn away from the car. Does anybody know where the other end of these cables should go?

Hello and welcome .

You may be a little confused on how the system works.

If the door handle on the drivers side has a small black insert putting the key near the black part and holding down the open (or close) button will open (or close) all 4 windows (and sunroof if fitted) at once . 'Summer opening/convenience feature'

If the insert is the same colour as the car it usually means that the car is not fitted with this function.

The signal from the key to lock/unlock the car is sensed elsewhere on the car. If the batteries are good in the key it should work from some considerable distance , on my 2006 C class that can be 15 - 20 metres away.

There is only one alarm siren on the W203 C class (in the front wheel well) , over time these fail and the internal batteries corrode. On many occasions this causes all sorts of problems with the car such as unlocking it at any time and setting off the hazard lights at random times in the middle on the night etc.

Replacements are relatively expensive and repaired ones found for sale on line are of dubious quality so many owners simply remove it and tuck the wires up out of the way behind the wheel arch liner and live without it.

On my Right hand drive S203 it is under the left front wheel arch but I have seen some videos showing it under the right front wheel arch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello and welcome .

You may be a little confused on how the system works.

If the door handle on the drivers side has a small black insert putting the key near the black part and holding down the open (or close) button will open (or close) all 4 windows (and sunroof if fitted) at once . 'Summer opening/convenience feature'

If the insert is the same colour as the car it usually means that the car is not fitted with this function.

The signal from the key to lock/unlock the car is sensed elsewhere on the car. If the batteries are good in the key it should work from some considerable distance , on my 2006 C class that can be 15 - 20 metres away.

There is only one alarm siren on the W203 C class (in the front wheel well) , over time these fail and the internal batteries corrode. On many occasions this causes all sorts of problems with the car such as unlocking it at any time and setting off the hazard lights at random times in the middle on the night etc.

Replacements are relatively expensive and repaired ones found for sale on line are of dubious quality so many owners simply remove it and tuck the wires up out of the way behind the wheel arch liner and live without it.

On my Right hand drive S203 it is under the left front wheel arch but I have seen some videos showing it under the right front wheel arch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thank you very much. However, what I don't understand is: is the remote control supposed to work from anywhere in the car when the alarm siren is missing?

Removing the siren has no effect on the car whatsoever....except that the car does not have an alarm system anymore.

The key fob will still lock and unlock the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom