Mercedes C180 Sound from Rear RHS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amrit

Car
C180 Classic
Mates,

I bought C180 Kompressor. Really nice car but few things are clicking in my mind. Not Sure if its normal.

I keep hearing a sound from Rear Right Hand Side when ever I turn towards Left on round Abouts. Sound is like as if some thing is loose. Initially I thought exhaust is loose. I checked underbody. Could not find anything Loose. Not sure from where is this sound coming.

Other thing I think of could possibly be making this sound is fuel tank...My guess is this sound is coming from Fuel Tank...

Has anyone gone through this before.

Please Advise

Amrit

You have to be a bit more specific on what sort of sound it is.

Trying again

Well the sound is like as if some thing is loose ...it sound like as if Hollow pipe hits the car body. but as said before I have checked underbody and could not find anything which create this sound...But still sound is coming...

does it clunk all the time or just when you are on slippery ground

It only makes sound from rear when I take a turn toward Left Hand Side

Difficult to tell, but if it's definitelty coming from the rear it could be a broken spring. Does it sound like a 'twang'? I know it's hard to describe noises but I had a problem with noise from the rear and at first it wasn't easily identifiable. The noise In had turned out to be a broken rear spring, had both rear springs replaced under warranty.

Thats a Good Point... as said above could be a broken spring ... I will check that tomorrow morning and will reply back then....I have worked in Honda service station as service advisor for 4 years in India. I used to find these noises with one of my Fitters. He used to sit on rear seat or in the boot if required ....I am alone in UK so cannot do those things... Thats why I am dependent on this web forum. Guys thanks for your help till this point ...will check the springs tomorrow morning and will get back to you...

Many Thanks

Amrit

Hey Guys forgot to tell you one thing..One more problem I had was steering wheel used to wobble at high speed...as per my past experience I knew its wheel balancing....Today I took it to Formula one service station....I confirmed it on phone before going to them about charges and they confirmed that it will be £5 / Wheel... I only got front wheels checked..Highly impressed with the service I received .....they did a great job and shocking thing for me was I was not even charged for the service.

Thanks to Formula One....

Amrit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom