Mercedes C180 W202 Central Locking issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KAE 342W

Car
C180 W202 1995
Hi Guys.

I recently (2 months ago) bought a clean Mercedes C180 W202 1995 model. All was working well until a few days back when all of a sudden the central locking stopped working properly. The car would unlock but not lock. I brought in a so called Central locking expert who said the central locking pump was faulty and would need replacement.

As a new one is not available to buy in my country (Kenya), I made an arrangement with a supplier of used parts that I would only pay after fitting the pump and seeing that it worked. Fitted 3 pumps (one out of a properly working car) and the problem remained the same. So obviously, the pump is not the problem. A number of "experts" have looked at it since but non has been able to locate the root of the problem and resolve it. Its like we have hit a brick wall.:wallbash:

I now turn to you guys here, Please help!!!!

Does the central locking door lock switch on the dash also fail to LOCK the doors?
You have a one button flip out remote key, yes?

ZQPqFKa9JG8EAOs2bAulMgG_voJij0CX7b7zPfLllLY=w887-h665-no

If the above switch unlocks but fails to lock, with the ignition on, then have a look at the immobiliser behind the foot rest on passenger side. It has two plug connectors, if either or both are removed the central locking won’t operate. Not sure which plug is for the central locking.

Unplug them and examine them for corrosion, perhaps the have gotten wet. There is also a printed circuit board inside the immobiliser, perhaps there is a faulty solder joint on the Printed Circuit Board

23hn40p.jpg

Dec

Thanks Dec. I am very new with Mercedes so I had no idea there was to be a switch like that on the dash. Its an hour to midnight here now so I will look at it tomorrow morning and revert with the results. Thank you so much and hope to talk to you tomorrow.

Plug A is the immobiliser, when it is unplugged the car won’t start so you can leave it alone.
Plug B is related in some way to the central locking and is unplugged as illustrated below by means of a lever.

deqy5x.jpg

Dec

I just tried the switch on the dash. Does the same. It unlocks but does not lock. Next I will try and look for the immobilizer as you have advised. Will revert with results. Thanks.

Thank you so much Dec for all the assistance and advise you have provided. It finally got sorted. It seems that all the pumps I was trying were faulty because, this morning I fitted another pump that someone brought me and all of a sudden, everything seemed to be working fine again. I really do appreciate all the help you provided during this trying time. I have given an official thanks here as well.

I also have a problem with the idling and I will start a new thread for this. I am hoping you will help me with this as well. Thanks & regards from sunny Kenya!!

You wouldn’t expect 3 pumps to be faulty but there you go, glad you got it sorted out… can’t help with your Idle problem.

Dec

I was shocked as well. Maybe something to do with the gnomes in the garden!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom