Mercedes c200 2012 Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yanalalyamani

Car
Mercedes c200 2012
Hi All

i'm new here
Appreciate your assistance

My car is c200 avengared 2012 , today when i'm drive the car suddenly the car switched off and when i switched on after 2 to 3 min will be switched off !!!! and when the car switched off all light in the engine will be light and all error in the screen come

I go to some one to make a computer test as peer attached kindly assist me for the same

Welcome.

Unfortunately with modern cars you can't really tell what the fault is or why the EML is on, without connecting it to STAR (Mercedes Benz diagnostic computer) and scanning the car for fault codes.

Out of interest, is your 2012 W204 car C200 CGI (M271/M274 petrol engine) or C200 CDI (OM651 Diesel engine)?

can you provide me a whatsapp number to send to you all details and video as i can't pot the photo or the video here with thanks

can you provide me a whatsapp number to send to you all details and video as i can't pot the photo or the video here with thanks
You can upload the video to youtube and put the link here surely ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like that 100% exactly

If it's a Diesel, then my bet is on fueling.... possibly the high pressure fuel pump. But I would try Diesel injector cleaner first, e.g. Redex or STP etc, just to make sure the injectors are not gummed-up.

If it's a petrol, then I would suspect an electrical fault.... either way, the codes need to be read with STAR.

The car a petrol car

I make a test of the codes he give me more codes like

C40100
U010000
U040100
C10000
C16800
C426

^ Those are generic codes tied in with whatever code reader your mechanic is using.
Some may be historic and not current. The usual procedure is to clear the codes, then drive the car and see what codes reappear.
As above, the car really needs Mercedes Star diagnosis as live data can be read which can pinpoint the exact problem.
Unless you know of any competent mechanics with Mercedes Star, the main dealers are your only other alternative.

Must be an electrical issue. Even the engine temperature goes intermittently to "zero", cannot happen in real. The cluster loses connection to the engine control unit, probably because of the ECU losing power.

Do you know if your car has the older M271 engine or the newer M274 engine?

Early versions of the M271 suffered oil leak from the two camshaft position sensors that contaminated the ECU, Google "oil in loom m271". But I am not sure of it also affected late models.

As Diesel Benz said, it could be an issue with the electric supply, check that the battery connections are clean and tightly secured, and also check that the earth strap connection to the body is corrosion-free and tightly secured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom