Mercedes C200 (EGR Fault, follwing diesel recall)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clarkem1

Car
Mercedes C200
Hi everyone,

In February 2020, I had my car in for recall under the ECU update and power train recall.

Since then, I have had my engine management light on, initial diagnostics called the DPF sensor as an issue, this has been replaced. Following that I now have a EGR valve failure code which will cost £350 to change. Doing some research online, its highly likely this is linked to the recall, i spoke with Mercedes who have informed me they will look at it but if indeed it does come back as being a EGR fault then they will not cover this under the recall as it is not related. Has anyone else had this issue, is it worth paying £110 to Mercedes to diagnose, please help!

Thanks,
Mitch

Had my c220 cdi 2013 in for air bag recall on 21/4/21 at Mercedes Leeds they did the diesel software update and ever since it’s been in limp mode I asked why I wasn’t told they said it’s part of the recall so I explained it’s not and got in to a long discussion with them about their illegal software and eventually the workshop manager agreed that it is down to this and they would fix my car I took it in yesterday and got a message saying cars fixed and to collect it so I went today 1/5/21 to collect and Mercedes Leeds take it to another level told me my car is fixed when I drive 100 yards it’s back to limp and return back tell them it’s not fixed and this time I asked for a courtesy car as I’ve not been able to drive my car for almost 2 weeks and I’ve been very patient and not asked for 1 previously but now it’s becoming a joke asking for lifts and they straight refuse then when I ask to speak to a manager (Paul at Mercedes Leeds) he refused to talk to me then when someone I work with who is there asks me what is wrong and I start to tell him, the manager runs up to me really aggressive and lunges at me like he is going to punch me and his homeboy Rashid starts calling me a **** head I really don’t think that’s the service you should get from a prestigious car brand. All I want is my car to run the same as when I took it to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom