Mercedes C200 W204 Alloys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiNZi

Car
C200
Hi all,

I've recently acquired a W204 C200 2.2 CDI Auto, it came with the bob standard alloys and I need some help with finding some new, better looking ones.

I'll add some more pics when I get it back, currently having some work done back at the dealer after I noticed a few mechanical faults/noises.

Apparently they are changing..

Following our telephone conversation, we currently have the following parts on order; front and rear discs and pads, front and rear shock absorbers, top mounts and front drop links.

I bought the car 2 weeks ago, reported the problem after a week, we dropped it off on Tuesday and expect it back by Monday.

faqlg.jpg

I think my C200 has these alloys below.

Mercedes-Benz C Class C200 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY Executive SE 4dr 2.1

And, I'm looking for some alloys like these below.

294 EXCHANGE MERCEDES C CLASS W204 4 X 17" AMG GENUINE DIAMOND CUT ALLOY WHEELS | eBay

227 EXCHANGE MERCEDES C-CLASS W204 AMG 4 X 17" GENUINE DIAMOND CUT ALLOY WHEELS | eBay

298 *EXCHANGE MERCEDES C-CLASS W204 AMG 4 X 17" GENUINE SHADOW CHROME ALLOYS | eBay

But, when going to the Halfords website to check the size of my tyres it comes back saying they are 16", does this mean that the alloys have to be 16" also? Or, can I get 17" or 18" alloys too?

Any advice appreciated, thank you!

Yes you can go 17", they were an option at time of purchase, I have standard 16's on my C220 Elegance but have bought a set of 17" AMG's that will get refurbed. I would not go 18's unless you can find a car to test drive as they will make the ride very much harder and less comfortable.

How about these? At the price they're a steal! you won't be able to PM him (you need 30 post count to send/receive PM's) and the seller does not have email enabled in his profile, but if you're interested you can email me your email address (from my profile, click on my username) and I'll PM him for you.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-general-sale/184766-winter-wheels-tyres.html

For other options look in the back of your owners handbook and at Alloy Wheels Direct - Buy Alloys, Wheels and Tyres, mercedes wheels, then W204 if yours is a saloon or S204 if it's the estate.

Last edited:
Yes you can go 17", they were an option at time of purchase, I have standard 16's on my C220 Elegance but have bought a set of 17" AMG's that will get refurbed. I would not go 18's unless you can find a car to test drive as they will make the ride very much harder and less comfortable.

How about these? At the price they're a steal! you won't be able to PM him (you need 30 post count to send/receive PM's) and the seller does not have email enabled in his profile, but if you're interested you can email me your email address (from my profile, click on my username) and I'll PM him for you.
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-general-sale/184766-winter-wheels-tyres.html

For other options look in the back of your owners handbook and at Alloy Wheels Direct - Buy Alloys, Wheels and Tyres, mercedes wheels, then W204 if yours is a saloon or S204 if it's the estate.

Thanks for the response, I'll stick with looking at 17" cheers!

I had a look at the post but unfortunately it's a bit far out for me. I had a look at the site but they only do Brabus and OZ Racing, I'm hoping to pick up some with Mercedes badges on somewhere like GumTree or eBay, maybe some other places people can suggest also.

Are the re-manufactured/refurbished not a popular option when buying alloys?

Can someone give me an idea of how much it might cost for some local garage to do the change over for me? Take out the tyre from the old alloys and into the new alloys, then I think wheel balancing needs to be done?

There's an outfit called Direct Courier Solutions that will courier 4 x 17's with tyres to anywhere in UK for under £35 - I've used them twice, sending wheels to Northumberland and Scotland from Kent. Packing is easy - cardboard over the outer face, then a big bin bag, each wheel packed separately - instructions on their website.

Be careful on Ebay - C/S203 wheels cannot be used on the 204 due to bolt size (12mm on the 203, 14mm on the 204). You also need to be careful of the ET or offset.

Alloy wheels direct do MB and AMG rims - but they're brand new so not cheap.

Down here I can get new tyres fitted and balanced to my rims for £10 per wheel, it might be a few quid more to take your existing tyres off the old rims but should not be much - maybe £50 for all 4 changed and balanced.

There's an outfit called Direct Courier Solutions that will courier 4 x 17's with tyres to anywhere in UK for under £35 - I've used them twice, sending wheels to Northumberland and Scotland from Kent. Packing is easy - cardboard over the outer face, then a big bin bag, each wheel packed separately - instructions on their website.

Be careful on Ebay - C/S203 wheels cannot be used on the 204 due to bolt size (12mm on the 203, 14mm on the 204). You also need to be careful of the ET or offset.

Alloy wheels direct do MB and AMG rims - but they're brand new so not cheap.

Down here I can get new tyres fitted and balanced to my rims for £10 per wheel, it might be a few quid more to take your existing tyres off the old rims but should not be much - maybe £50 for all 4 changed and balanced.

£50, not too bad.

Thanks for your advise, what do you mean by C/S203 btw? I can't see this on the eBay alloys in the first post.

I'm going to try and get the price for these MERCEDES W204 17'' AMG ALLOY WHEEL SET X4 FOR SALE CALL ME FOR MORE INFO | United Kingdom | Gumtree they look pretty decent to me.

I'll phone to get an idea on how much the brand new are, just to get an idea, most probably will be too expensive for me lol

I've got a set of 17" AMG IV finished in anthracite that have not been used since refurb, basically mint and as new.

Make me an offer if interested and they could be yours...

Attachments

• image-411052209.jpg
    image-411052209.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 45
Next to car to give you a better idea of the colour...

Attachments

• image-3703247702.jpg
    image-3703247702.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 48
First off, I don't know what's happened to Alloywheelsdirect, I've not been on their site for a few weeks, in which time their MB wheels have disappeared and, as you said, they now only show Brabus and Oz. Most odd.

MB model numbers are also the first 3 numbers of your VIN. The C is a saloon, S an estate, so the current new C class is a C/S205, yours and mine (2008-2014, facelifted in 2011) are C or S 204's, the previous version (1999-2007) is the C/S203. Many of the listings on Ebay are simply for MB C class, so you have to be careful that they're for the 204 or they won't take your 14mm wheel bolts!

Those wheels in your link look very like the set I bought. By the time I have them refurbed and powder coated then fit new tyres they will have cost me best part of £700, but the same set new was, IIRC, £1600 for the rims alone!

One thing you will find with the C class auto - it's useless in snow. I had a 2001 S203 C270 before this, after the first winter - and being trapped in the house as I could not move the car - I bought a second set of wheels and winter tyres, and I now have the same for my S204. I would suggest you look for a set of 17's with summer tyres, keep the 16's and put winter tyres on them - I store mine outdoors on a storage tree I bought for not a lot from Conrad Electrical, and change wheels November and April. Winter tyres are better in wet weather, not just for snow, so with all the rain we've had of late I'm really glad I have winters on.

Another piece of info that may be useful - my local powder coating company charge £65 per wheel to strip, refurb and powder coat, so doing a full set of 4 is £260. Don't know what part of the country you're in, but there's almost certainly a company close to you doing the same.

I've got a set of 17" AMG IV finished in anthracite that have not been used since refurb, basically mint and as new.

Make me an offer if interested and they could be yours...

MDC250,

I'm a new member so I'm not yet allowed to private message you. Could you message me with your price for the alloys if they are still available?

Thanks

MAC39

Can't message you I'm afraid, it won't let me. I'd suggest contacting a mod and asking them to allow you to PM me. Alternatively post an E-mail address and I'll contact you that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom