mercedes c220 cdi w203 exhaust manifold gasket removal HELP NEEDED !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith b

Car
2005 w203 c220 cdi coupe se
Hi I have a Mercedes c220cdi w203 which has a leaking exhaust manifold gasket so I bought the gasket plus turbo gasket I also have a Haynes manual for reference,so removed airbox and heatsheild then read manual, it says to gain access remove nut on cat mounting bracket at the rear then access and undo manifold bolts,did what the manual said and hey presto no way whatsoever to access the bottom back bolts on the manifold,looks like you have to remove the cat to get to the back bolts am I right ? that just looks like a nightmare surely that's not the case just to get at two nuts .Oh and just to compound my misery the reason the manifold is leaking front top exhaust stud has snapped any tips tricks would be appreciated,.. thanks k

Cat is fairly easy to remove is it not. Spring clips to turbo and front pipe of exhaust and then 1 or 2 bolts securing it to the block via a bracket.

I’ve seen snapped studs before, I drilled and put in a helicoil insert, have to drill it straight and mind seal of any entry points so fillings cant get in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom