Mercedes c220D performance air filter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeCclass

Car
Mercedes c class w205 c220d amg line
Does anyone know of any performance air filter I can get for my car? I’ve emailed k and n to be told they are not making one for my model of car, the car is W205 C220D amg line on a 67reg, any help is appreciated

They don't work on a diesel , a dirty standard filter will give better results.

I think you should keep the original, performance filters won't make any difference.

Joe, I might have been a bit overdramatic answering your query , But 'aftermarket' air filters stir certain emotions in some of us but the general consensus of opinion is that fitting a 'performance' air filter while making no other changes to the car is a waste of time and money . Some will say it can even damage your engine .

I had hoped to stay well out of this ...:doh:

Joe, I might have been a bit overdramatic answering your query , But 'aftermarket' air filters stir certain emotions in some of us but the general consensus of opinion is that fitting a 'performance' air filter while making no other changes to the car is a waste of time and money . Some will say it can even damage your engine .

I had hoped to stay well out of this ...:doh:
No prob 🤣The car will be going for a stage 1 remap on the dyno also not just left with a performance air filter

No prob 🤣The car will be going for a stage 1 remap on the dyno also not just left with a performance air filter
Be interesting to see if the filter makes any difference.

There is lots of independent evidence that so called performance air filters are not very good at filtering the air. They let particles through which get into the engine causing wear and damage.

By all means dyno it with performance Vs oe , but in the long term would you want all that extra dust shot blasting two compressor wheels .

Found this the other day for the W204 C250 1.8 T

Screenshot_20210409-113158_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210409-053633_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-113337_Gallery.jpg

I can draw a red and blue squiggly lines too with my daughter's Sharpies .

photo-1553044707-316e5582268d.jpeg

25 wheel horse power gain !!

Most Stage 1 remaps gain 30 - 50 hp , best I contact the remapping companies and tell them they can get an extra 25

icon_shysterical.gif

25 wheel horse power gain !!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Also, I'm probably being a thickie here (as opposed to a Sharpie!), but in what way is that graph showing the performance gain against standard?

Performance Air Filters - 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The automotive equivalent of Quantum Mains fuses for Hifi @ £155 each 👍

BMC make a airfilter for the c250CDi, not sure on gains though, did sound better.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Also, I'm probably being a thickie here (as opposed to a Sharpie!), but in what way is that graph showing the performance gain against standard?
The Y axis being clearly labelled 'delta'. The traces having positive values. It's all there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom