mercedes c250 TD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidthefirst

Car
1997 mercedes c250 TD
I have a mercedes c250 TD with 261000 miles on the clock ive only had it about 8 months and never had a problem (untill)i ran out of fuel with a dodgy sender unit in the tank then she ran like well lets say pretty rough so as you do the first thing you think of is must of dragged some some crap up out of the tank so first things first you change your diesel filter (so thats what i done)and after about 5 minutes she started back up and run like a dream for 20 miles and then stopped again with white smoke coming out of the exhaust and the injectors playing tunes (quite a nice tune )if your into thrash metal (not) i got the car towed back to work and she sat there for three days i kept taking the fuel filter off to find it only half full so i filled the filter up and she started up again for 5 minutes then stopped again i was going of my head by now so i walked away for a day then went back to her (because i missed her)looking down at the diesel filter i noticed to the left a 10mm bolt so as you do i undid it took the bracket off and wangled the black componant which had a diesel pipe attached to it it moved side to side and i popped it out and guess what it was another small filter about 11/2 inch long mashed up with gunge and crap i cleaned it all up useing a bit of petrol topped the little hole up with diesel put the filter back in and hey presto shes running better than she has ever run shes a dream to drive people keep saying to me why dont you get a newer one (why)? nothing wrong with my baby i love her to bits you see merc owners my motor is a 1997 they dont make them like this any more (even though all mercs are great)mine was made with human hands with love and pride they call it the million mile engine 2.5 with 5 pots 500cc per pot.The moral to the story is clean the little filter on the left side of the big filter 10mm nut/bolt black plastic component with a diesel pipe connected wangle it out or carefully use a screw driver and you will find it its a bit fiddly to get back in if you dont take the fuel pipe of it needs a little bit of encouragement with the screw driver well thats about it folks i hope it has helped you solve you rough running merc thanks sidthefirst

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom