Mercedes c270 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Agent4747

Car
Mercedes C270 CDI
Hello everyone, I currently own a mercedes c270 CDI, it had a new turbo put in last month as it was making a squeeling noise which turned out to just be the gasket so now I've got 2 working turbos but just now it started making the same noise, is there any gasket that I can get my hands on which is a bit stronger than the ones provided with rebuilt turbos?
Or maybe has anyone got any idea why the gasket keeps going? I might add it did have a stage 1 remap done on it nothing too crazy just added 30 bhp which I was assured is safe and well within the turbo's capabilities.

Have you cleaned the faces up? You can use a genuine gasket? It maybe better?

I haven't done the turbo, I had a mechanic do it for me but since I've got to pay same amount of money to replace the gasket as I would to replace the turbo I want to be sure even a genuine gasket is good enough.. I mean I have no idea if there is such a thing as a high performance one or not but if there is I'd like to purchase that, I'll ask him about the faces when i'll have him replacing the gasket at the end of this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom