Mercedes C350e plug in hybrid Problem change drive to petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you for trying help me :)

Hi,2 day ago mercedes service ring me and tell this is starter motor problem and relay I said nee starter was fitted by me any way he change it and ring me again and said this parts not resolve my problem yesterday ring me again and said this problem is electric battery wire cost 700 I said ok if this help please do it he said yes 100% this wire is problem!
Today morning ring me again and said we change this cable but still is the same issue !!and ask me to come and wants showing me different cable problems but is very expensive and maybe I buy some ware used and change it!!!!!!!!
What I can do it now ??
Cab they charge me for not fix car ?

Taking a car to an MB dealer involves 3 things.
1 labour cost
2 parts cost
3 expertise cost
1 the cost of labour is not recoverable if they did the job
2 A part specially ordered in to effect a repair is non returnable- but in the case of an unsuccessful repair you should not have pay retailprice just the cost to them
3 expertise they failed to correctly identify the problem

You have a case for a partial reduction in the cost of your repair on 2 and 3. Its certainly worth asking/complaining about it
Typically a dealer's reponse is to promise a reduction on any future repair costs in an endeavour to get you to spend even more money with them. You really have to decide whether its wise to give them more money for more repairs - even at a reduced price--- if they failed to repair it the first time.

I had many different cars in many different garages and I never pay for if car was not repaired I mean mechanics never wants money for not fixed car.
If mercedes will wants more then 150 for Visual Health Check this is for every car when come to mb service I open mechanic garage and start charge people for diagnostic and visual health check only no repair because Im not mechanik and I don't know how fix car :)
Any way I don't understand how MB cant fix MB car ??!!! what the f.. I must go to BMW service fix my car ??!!

Did you ever get this fixed, I am having the same issue on my car :(

@JazzyStahh did you get this sorted out? my car goes in Friday to independent workshop.
drives perfect on electric and perfect on engine but transition from electric to petrol throws malfunction message and never goes into e mode until next engine off. electric drive is still used for fast acceleration

The C350e is a complex car, best to get a Mercedes Tier 1 warranty after the factory warranty expires.

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Just bought a used C350e - no warranty -

Same issue with mine has just arisen. No warranty at this stage.
If I take it to an indie, they will spend time and money investigating in the blind and if I take it to MB dealer its gonna cost a fortune.
Has anyone ever found a satisfactory solution to this? Would be great to get a steer.

confirmed as dead starter motor, battery control module needed updating as per TIP so red herring error and then starter flagged error. all fixed.

Hello welshkaiboy,
Many thanks for coming back on this, really appreciate it.
I’ll ask my guy to start there.
Cheers.

Hello, I have had the battery control module checked and updated. The control module was okay and the starter was still recognized as faulty. Got a new starter from RNL in the Netherlands and my nice dealer has just rebuilt the starter. The bug is out now! So it was the starter's fault.

The dealer should be able to determine the cause of the warning lights from the fault codes that have been stored. From what you have been experiencing it does sound like the starter was at fault. We have seen a few where the casing screws come loose and the remedy was to replace the starter. If you have had this done and still experience the issue I would take back to the dealer and get them to re investigate the issue

[USER = 122489] @JazzyStahh [/ USER] czy udało Ci się to załatwić? mój samochód jedzie w piątek do niezależnego warsztatu.
jeździ idealnie na elektrycznym i idealnie na silniku, ale przejście z elektrycznego na benzynę powoduje wyświetlenie komunikatu o usterce i nigdy nie przechodzi w tryb e do następnego wyłączenia silnika. napęd elektryczny jest nadal używany do szybkiego

@JazzyStahh did you get this sorted out? my car goes in Friday to independent workshop.
drives perfect on electric and perfect on engine but transition from electric to petrol throws malfunction message and never goes into e mode until next engine off. electric drive is still used for fast acceleration
hi.
I have the same problem with c350e was everything ok after replacing the starter?

Hi.
Please help.
No one knows what exactly is wrong. malfunction and two gears pop up on the dashboard. after connecting the computer, error P06E9 is displayed

P06E9 Engine Starter Performance DTC when no engine rotation is detected during a crank event.
SOUNDS LIKE THE STARTER MOTOR PROBLEM MENTIONED BEFORE

P06E9 Engine Starter Performance DTC when no engine rotation is detected during a crank event.
SOUNDS LIKE THE STARTER MOTOR PROBLEM MENTIONED BEFORE
Yes sounds correct we have changed alot 9f starters but also make sure the starter relay has not burnt out or has a poor contact as can give same fault.codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom