Mercedes C350e plug in hybrid Problem change drive to petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi
Did you solve the issue with your hybrid motor. There are some serious problems going around with repair costs for this motor.
Hi
Yes it was solved by replacing the starter. The old starter was said to be in good condition?

Yes I had the same ,I had a star diagnostic check,saying the starter motor was a fault. But the mechanic doing it also tested the starter motor and found it to be ok, even thou the diagnostic check said otherwise. Then after taking it to mercedes who then tested & changed the starter motor. I've had no problems, infact it charge's better,and runs better.

Yes I had the same ,I had a star diagnostic check,saying the starter motor was a fault. But the mechanic doing it also tested the starter motor and found it to be ok, even thou the diagnostic check said otherwise. Then after taking it to mercedes who then tested & changed the starter motor. I've had no problems, infact it charge's better,and runs better.
Can I ask the cost to replace the starter?

Yes it was £500 that was including the diagnostic check. At mercedes. But honestly if you want just get it done at a good garage. If you know of one . I would have done but I was told I need to go to mercedes for what ever reason? .

Hi All,
Just to circle back on this to save people some time in the future: took my vehicle to a very well respected indie in Dublin and he had already seen a few c350e with this issue. Changed the starter and presto: fault gone - car driving like new. Was all done in an hour.
Hi, could you please share the location of the garage in Dublin?

Hi, could you please share the location of the garage in Dublin?
I don't know where JoeBloggs58 went but Mulligans in Dublin 8 has a very good reputation as a Merc Indie. If you are in the Northside there are D&S autos in Swords that are highly recommended and do a lot of work for Beschoffs.

I don't know where JoeBloggs58 went but Mulligans in Dublin 8 has a very good reputation as a Merc Indie. If you are in the Northside there are D&S autos in Swords that are highly recommended and do a lot of work for Beschoffs.
Hi, thanks very much for the details! :)

Hey guys, was anyone advised to replace both main and auxiliary batteries along with the starter motor? Just making sure I’m not being fleeced

Hey guys, was anyone advised to replace both main and auxiliary batteries along with the starter motor? Just making sure I’m not being fleeced
I'd just do a battery test and then replace the starter

Another Dublin based C350e owner here, that has been plagued by this issue. Just to say that I got Mulligans to replace my starter motor & it finally resolved the issue. Though I'm presuming JoeBloggs58 went elsewhere as he was initially unconvinced on the Starter motor being the culprit. In fact a diagnostic said I needed my Auxiliary battery replaced, so this was done first. I would recommend Mulligans, certainly much better value than a main dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom