Mercedes C43 Amg V Reg Breaking For Spares

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wully

Car
2002 W203 C220 CDI Avantgarde SE Auto
Still has bumpers by the looks of it:- Link

I think this is the guy who sold the cat C/D C43 with the '55 Kompressor engine in it?

I'm sure I've seen this other car advertised before as well?

Will

Thats what I thought Will, but that one was black and had uprated AMG alloys and W210 facelift mirrors. This one seems to look complete and almost seems a shame for it to be broken. Perhaps KillerHERTZ would be interested in the skirts ?

Yep, and he is asking some astronomic prices for the parts !!!!!

He is selling the skirts and bumpers as a complete kit.

Yep, and he is asking some astronomic prices for the parts !!!!!

He is selling the skirts and bumpers as a complete kit.

Its the same company where I bought my C36 front bumper, came next day delivery and extremely well packaged..

But yes.. wasnt cheap.. :eek:

Ive contacted him and he wants £800 for the full AMG kit...

Ive contacted him and he wants £800 for the full AMG kit...

Yeah, that's what he told me this morning when I contacted him. I think it's too much for what it is, and the value of W202s nowadays. Plus its going to need painting

Personally I can think of a lot better things to spend £800 + on, especially during credit crunch times :)

Last edited:
Hi,
I wanted the front bumper as its the same colour as my car and would be a cheap fix for me, shame he won,t split the kit up.

Hi,
I wanted the front bumper as its the same colour as my car and would be a cheap fix for me, shame he won,t split the kit up.
You and Killerherz could buy it together, then flog the rear bumper on fleabay

Probably trying to get the money back that he lost when he sold me the C43 with the nearly new E55k engine for 3K! His exact words were "its got some kind of weird air box on it, might be off an S55?"

Seemed like the sort of guy thats open to a bit of bargaining, go in low and offer good old pound notes and someone might get a bargain.

As for my C43 it will eventually get a regular 55 engine and the K motors going into an Ultima based Sauber C9 replica.

Probably trying to get the money back that he lost when he sold me the C43 with the nearly new E55k engine for 3K! His exact words were "its got some kind of weird air box on it, might be off an S55?"

Seemed like the sort of guy thats open to a bit of bargaining, go in low and offer good old pound notes and someone might get a bargain.

As for my C43 it will eventually get a regular 55 engine and the K motors going into an Ultima based Sauber C9 replica.

So this was the guy who sold the C43 with the '55K engine then - I remember that was also in the Midlands and recognised the style of advert - font etc.

How's progress on the '43/'55 project going - have you removed the engine now then?

Seems a slight shame it won't get the full ~ 500hp S/C'd engine but I guess you've got to also be realistic :)

Will

Cars sat under a dust sheet at the moment. Busy time at work and all that.

Keeping the k engine would have been nice but it would have involved using just about every module from a 55k car and getting them to communicate with the bits on the 43. As everything is done via CAN on the later cars it would have taken some serious money and time. Fitting the engine into something else with a custom ecu seemed a better option and this is where the plan for a Sauber replica came about.

Looking for a suitable w210 e55 now so I can pull the drivetrain and modules, 98/99 cars have the same generation of electronics as the w202 and therefore are pretty much a straight swap. Trying to find an absolute wreck as I couldn't bear to rip apart a good one even though they are ridiculously cheap at the moment!

Cars sat under a dust sheet at the moment. Busy time at work and all that.

Keeping the k engine would have been nice but it would have involved using just about every module from a 55k car and getting them to communicate with the bits on the 43. As everything is done via CAN on the later cars it would have taken some serious money and time. Fitting the engine into something else with a custom ecu seemed a better option and this is where the plan for a Sauber replica came about.

Looking for a suitable w210 e55 now so I can pull the drivetrain and modules, 98/99 cars have the same generation of electronics as the w202 and therefore are pretty much a straight swap. Trying to find an absolute wreck as I couldn't bear to rip apart a good one even though they are ridiculously cheap at the moment!

Good luck with that project, i really cant wait to see the result, hope you pull it off.

Yeah, that's what he told me this morning when I contacted him. I think it's too much for what it is, and the value of W202s nowadays. Plus its going to need painting

Personally I can think of a lot better things to spend £800 + on, especially during credit crunch times :)

The thing is that salvage places know how much these things are worth, 800 quid for the C43 kit is very reasonable considering that the kit costs 2000 pounds new from the stealers.

The thing is that salvage places know how much these things are worth, 800 quid for the C43 kit is very reasonable considering that the kit costs 2000 pounds new from the stealers.

But considering the value of W202s nowadays, I doubt if anyone is really going to be spending 2K on a C43 kit from the dealers, unless money is no object.

The bumpers when they have come up occasionally on ebay and have sold for a lot less.

True they don't usually come up as a complete kit.

Personally I don't think its worth spending £800 plus painting on a secondhand C43 kit, but each to their own :D

Last edited:
But considering the value of W202s nowadays, I doubt if anyone is really going to be spending 2K on a C43 kit from the dealers, unless money is no object.

The bumpers when they have come up occasionally on ebay and have sold for a lot less.

True they don't usually come up as a complete kit.

Personally I don't think its worth spending £800 plus painting on a secondhand C43 kit, but each to their own :D

£600 might be a bit more realistic.

£600 might be a bit more realistic.

Yup better considering the last set on ebay went for a shade over £400 and that was missing the skirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom