Mercedes C63 AMG W204 - Facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbzclk

Car
An AMG
Hi guys,

Been a while for me since I sold my CLK, but I've been waiting to find the right C63 before I return to Mercedes - I'm fed up of running a shed...

I need to get your thoughts on must haves and so on...

Must have for me

2012 Facelift (125 edition) >
Pano Roof
COMAND with HDD and DAB
ILS Lights
Harmon Kardon

Do I need PP / PP+ (was thinking just add a quaife diff?

Are there other options? Nothing much springs to mind? I know it doesn't have CLS type features like keyless go / ortho seats / dyanimic seats - and that'll just have to be - I know I want a C and not a CLK63 or E or CLS

But I would prefer one with most options...

I've seen a few some 4Matic and some not - didn't think it was a 4WD car - are these cars with the LSD?

Finally, are there other aspects that are must have / I know they already come fairly well loaded out of the box so to speak and it'll go to an indenpent for a full check over etc.

Also, I'm not seeing many 2014 models for sale at all. Would these be because they are still in lease or simply because not many for sale?

Anyone any idea of where we can expect these to go? They're currently at 30 ish and I'm wondering if they will start to drop like a lead balloon or the fact it is a solid AMG will keep a very strong residual.

Sorry for long one and look forward to your thoughts or debates on the topic.

Somebody will no doubt correct me, but I thought that COMAND HDD was part of Premium pack and panoramic roof added with Premium Plus pack.

Pretty sure it was like that on our C204 which was Premium pack i.e. COMAND but no Panoramic roof. That said, it was a C220 'AMG' Sport and not a C63 AMG.

Wouldn't worry about Harmon Kardon with that lovely engine to listen to.

Quaife diff can be added afterwards for around £1500

The Edition 125 was a 2011/12 model so you won't see that on a 2014 plate.

According to howmanyleft there were 658 C63 AMG registered in 2014 so you should be able to find one reasonably easily.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought I wanted the Harmon Kardon, but eventually settled on a car without because everything else was very good.

As it turns out, the standard sound system is pretty good. Perhaps it could do with a bit more bass, but I'm told that can be remedied quite easily with some uprated door speakers.

In terms of costs (and bear in mind I was looking only at the estates) - I was keeping an eye on prices for the last 2 years before I bought in July. They were slowly going down for a good while, but in the last 6 months the prices have seemed to stay pretty static for facelift models. Part of why I stopped waiting and just bought one.

Anything about the 125 over the later ones?

I'm just thinking to go newer but happy to go for an earlier 125 one provided head bolts and all that is sorted.

Does 4Matic exist? eBay / AT has a few that say 4M but thinking it's a typo.

Maybe 4Matic is where it has a diff? And it's just pulling incorrectly by AT / eBay -

Anyone got some data card must haves?

If I recall correctly on my 2012 C63 estate, command HDD and ILS came as standard, I got the car with no optional extras and found it not to be lacking anything important.

None of the W204 C63 is 4-Matic even tough most of them are advertised as 4Matic on Autotrader.

As Abdul said all of them are RWD for all markets (US, EU, JAPAN...).

Last edited:
Prices are still pretty high. Even for an 08 plate you're looking at £20k..

I wonder if prices will stay strong or going to fall. Don't want to buy at the wrong time, but also don't want the prices to rise and be stuck unable to buy one.

I wonder if prices will stay strong or going to fall. Don't want to buy at the wrong time, but also don't want the prices to rise and be stuck unable to buy one.

In my opinion prices will go down but not at the same speed rate as they were simply because the W204 facelift is the last model in the C class range to have the M156 6.2 Litre Atmo engine :rock:

If you check the price of the W204 507 edition you will see some of them cost as much as the new W205 C63.

Last edited:
That key aspect - the end of the M156 (on the W204) is why I think the prices have stalled.

Buy now at around 27-30 or buy at low 20s but then I have no idea how long that'll take - the mileages and conditions and owner counts of cars at that price.

How are the options list on these?

Not finding many with HK / PP/PP+ or reversing camera.

What are must have?

I'm considering buying from Mercedes only.

For piece of mind - Thoughts?

What's the difference between a 2014 and a 125 edition?

Thinking later 2014 is better

The 2014 car will have the communications module with built-in data simcard that will allow you to use the Mercedes Connect Me services and TomTom Live traffic data (if fitted with COMAND).

Do we know what year that stuff had come in, can it be retrofitted to say a March 2013 car?

I've also seen a nice 2013 car advertised privately.

Values seem to be holding. I can't tell if I should hold off or if these really will hold being a M156 6.2 V8?!

Argh.

I wish I didn't want one of these so badly.

Do we know what year that stuff had come in, can it be retrofitted to say a March 2013 car?

I've also seen a nice 2013 car advertised privately.

Values seem to be holding. I can't tell if I should hold off or if these really will hold being a M156 6.2 V8?!

Argh.

I wish I didn't want one of these so badly.

There are so many of them I think it will take a while to truly flatten. The size of cost gap to the newer 205 is holding values, rather than the desirability of the M156 specifically. All IMHO of course.

2011 onwards in Coupe format...

There isn't many - where are you seeing them?

I'm seeing some 2010 models with 60+ at around 22-24k

For a 2012/13 onwards with the Head bolts fix with no more than 50k I expect it'll be around 29k - I've seen some on eBay - AT and PH is pretty empty.

I didn't understand your reference to the W205?

If the prices look like they're going to drop, then I'd rather not bother and jut wait it out, even if it means I'll be getting one with another owner and maybe 70k but it'll cost 18-22 for a 2013-14 model.

Are we expecting a flood of these to market as the last of the models come of leases that they may be on?

I don't know. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom