Mercedes c63 - anyone's from here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmmmm...

2008,Cat C....Was only an engine problem but has a 2014 front end...

Personally i would put £25,000 in a more genuine vehicle.

It has interesting mods, but as said, an engine rebuild and cat C? You can get a 12 or 13 plate one for a few K more. Given MSL's popularity on here (I've used them before, fantastic guys) I thought it may be known. Not a car I'm interested in, a friend is after a C63. Mind I saw one today at a local dealer, coupe, 13 plate just under 30k 23k miles, spotless inside and out, like a new car.

Surprised i have not hear of this one, as i thought mine was the only one in UK with a genuine facelift conversion.......

PREVIOUS OWNER WAS A DOCTOR WHO CLAIMED OF HIS INSURANCE DUE TO THE FACT THE ENGINE BECAME FAULTY INSURANCE THEN PAYED OUT IN FULL VEHICLE WAS PURCHASED BY THE DOCTOR AS A CAT C, THEN SOLD TO ME,

Anybody like to hazard a guess on how this works then? I've never known an insurance company to pay out on engine damage, let alone then issue it with a Cat C and sell it back to the owner. Accident damage, water/flood damage possibly, but an engine? A new one on me.

@Lee C63 : Yours was done by you though and just because you wanted to, unlike this where I have an uneasy feeling that something's being covered up...

I'd like to be proven wrong on all the above

Dave, I had a 330d (when i was on the dark side) that had engine damage due to sucking up water and it was wrote off by insurance company. So maybe some truth....but seeing the front end is replaced along with the engine there is a slight whiff of a cover up.....

It looks nice! Might of missed something in the description. I know he says all the works been done over the last 2 odd years but was all the mods done by previous owner?
I had a mate who also drowned a 330d and got a big pay out on his insurance. It was definitely a right off but not sure if it was categorised or not.
Makes me wonder though. If it didn't have front end damage and was a perfectly good strait car bodywork wise. Who would be mad enough to spend that amount of money doing a facelift using original parts! I mean! There's got to be something seriously wrong with you. :D
Joking apart. Looking at that really makes me want to facelift mine.

I'm sure any interested party could just contact MSL to check the car out?

Last edited:
On the subject of changing body panels IF there was nothing wrong with them, some crazy folk do! I changed the front and rear bumpers, as well as the front wings, all the ancillaries to go with them too, all because I wanted my car to look a bit better. It cost an absolute fortune as they were all OEM parts and some had to be purchased from the stealer. Nowt as queer as folk as they say!

Have to agree with Jules, a quick call to MSL would be able to confirm/alleviate all the suspicious minds!

This is one of the downsides of selling your car privately in my opinion - the internet has created great places like this forum with lots of knowledgeable and helpful people - but it also means that when someone sells their car people are able to freely express their fears about the cars providence. As someone has already said; if you are interested, call MSL... or if you have first hand experience of the car then share!

I sold a BMW Alpina a few years ago and when I bought it, I had the front bumper resprayed as it was covered in the usual stone chips, I replaced the silver APLINA decal with a black one to better match the look of the car. When it came to selling I had several messages from people questioning the decal change, saying it was because of an accident, etc. These people had no intention of buying the car and ironically I had a thread running on the forum that showed all the maintenance I had done, including the resprayed bumper!!

This post isn't intended as a swipe against anyone on this thread, this forum seems to be one of the more mature ones, just my view based on experiences!

Mental money spent... whats the "507 forged engine" can someone enlighten me on that? and if the cars been at MSL all its life i'd assume its a reasonable car.
But the Cat C part would worry me, it could have just been done when the engine is out as its easy to replace panels when its in bits.
Lovely car and very cheap all things considered if you were happy that it was straight i'd take a punt, your not gonna find one with those upgrades for the same cash.

Mental money spent... whats the "507 forged engine" can someone enlighten me on that? and if the cars been at MSL all its life i'd assume its a reasonable car.
But the Cat C part would worry me, it could have just been done when the engine is out as its easy to replace panels when its in bits.
Lovely car and very cheap all things considered if you were happy that it was straight i'd take a punt, your not gonna find one with those upgrades for the same cash.

The 507 came with the lighter "forged" pistons that were installed in the black series and performance pack cars which allows the engine to rev quicker and in theory run more boost (seeing it has a supercharger installed)

looks like a lot of works been done. Worth giving MSL a ring to check up.

Also there's plenty out there within that budget so probably other C63's that are easier to move on should that be a factor. Good luck.

Cat c or not. It's a lovely looking car. Not sure about the pinstripes around the wheels but for the extras it has on it I'd say it would appeal to a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom