Mercedes C63 Running Costs and Fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbc63

Car
Mercedes
Hello everyone,

first post on this site so bear with me! :D

Quick couple of questions. I am thinking about getting a C63 2011 or more recent (my dream beast). I wanted to know what sort of money ill be paying for Fuel. I do around 600 miles a month all mainly through towns and very rarely going on a motorway. What sort of monthly fuel bill would i be looking at?

and then with yearly mileage of give or take 8000 what my running costs may be for tyres etc?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Please dont take this the wrong way but if you are concerned about fuel bills and tyre wear then a C63 is not the car for you.

Kicking round the doors 16mpg
Drive it like its stolen 10mpg

Tyre wise a set of rears with average driving 5000miles.

Not concerned about it!

Just wanted to get an idea thats all.

A full tank of fuel should be good for approx 200 miles most owners average 18-19 mpg, some owners achieve 5k miles from a set of rear tyres others 10-12k miles.

As for the £500 a month figure I have owned numerous c63s and have never spent anywhere near that amount.

A full tank of fuel should be good for approx 200 miles most owners average 18-19 mpg, some owners achieve 5k miles from a set of rear tyres others 10-12k miles.

As for the £500 a month figure I have owned numerous c63s and have never spent anywhere near that amount.

Think the 500 is including fuel and servicing.

I easily fill it up at least 2 times a week (that's kicking round the doors)
So a fuel bill of a least 150-200 a week

However, every journey that should be 5 miles and 20 mins turns into 50 miles and 2 hours......because its just that much fun driving the car

I did some man maths recently on buying one of these. Excluding fuel I budgeted just under £300 a month for tyres, service, insurance, tax and repair/mod contingency.

6k year, 6000/12= 500 a month, 15 mpg, 34 gallons=155 litres, 110p a litre=£170 a month on fuel, approx.
So, as above, start thinking at £500 a month and you'll be about right.

Edit: man maths was also based on 6k a year mileage.

My average fuel usage is around 20mpg and petrol is much cheaper now. I usually pay up to £70 when reserve light is on. My usual range is 200-300 miles per tank.

6K miles could be around £1600 for petrol per year. According to my stats, I spent 1.902 GBP to drive 7.547 miles but some of them were in Europe with cheaper petrol.

My average fuel usage is around 20mpg and petrol is much cheaper now. I usually pay up to £70 when reserve light is on. My usual range is 200-300 miles per tank.

6K miles could be around £1600 for petrol per year. According to my stats, I spent 1.902 GBP to drive 7.547 miles but some of them were in Europe with cheaper petrol.
Do you always fill up with premium? I noticed mixed reviews on whether to fill up with normal unleaded or premium?

Lee C63 said:
Please dont take this the wrong way but if you are concerned about fuel bills and tyre wear then a C63 is not the car for you. Kicking round the doors 16mpg Drive it like its stolen 10mpg Tyre wise a set of rears with average driving 5000miles.
lee where you get your tyres from mine only does 2.5k the rears at its best!:)

FWIW, I've had my E63 just over a year and covered just north of 14.5k miles in it in that time.

Including Tax, Insurance, MOT Test, Servicing, Tyres and Fuel, but excluding depreciation it's cost just over £5.3k, or £443 per month. £3,475 of the total cost was spent on fuel. Add in the cost of brakes (which I'll have to replace in the next few months) and it won't be much shy of £500 per month running costs.

And it's worth every last penny :D :D :D

I mainly do town driving as live 3 miles from work if I take it steady as most of time car never gets up to temperature I can get about 140 miles to a tank just before reserve light comes on.

most months I will do about 400 mile and it cost between 150-180 a month and it averages 14.5mpg over 400 so the trip says anyway.

its not that bad on fuel but makes up for it when you take it for a run especially up in the lakes.

Just thought I'd have a quick work out on costs as well, mainly to compare with Phils as we have similar motors.

I appreciate that it's not the same engine as in the original post, as mine's an M157, though it may give an insight into the costs of running a bigger engined car.

In 8,289 miles (from Jan 2014) I've spent £2,288.59 on fuel, with an average in the last 1,600 miles of just over 20 to the gallon. My insurance is around £760 & road tax at £475. £824.20 on tyres (pair of fronts replaced due to a puncture in one of them, rears worn down), £293.38 on an A Service and £27.47 on sundries (number plate surrounds and wheel centres) It will need another set of rear tyres soon, and a B Service is due in July.

So, a total of £4,668.64 just on running it. Admittedly the front tyres could possibly have been avoided but I won't compromise on a car like this.

There may be another few quid lurking around on mods which I've done, but these shouldn't be relevant as this is optional expenditure, though once that bug bites it tends to sink it's teeth in.

Miles per gallon is irrelevant, it costs £75-£80 to fill a tank of v power and gets whatever it gets I don't look and frankly not interested.

I also run a 2010 Golf R and I average 22 mpg and that's a 2 litre... So who cares just get it and enjoy it for what it is

Wow... You lot are all getting higher MPG than me with less than half the engine. I've averaged 16 mpg (indicated, so probably a bit less) over 3000 miles...

Wow... You lot are all getting higher MPG than me with less than half the engine. I've averaged 16 mpg (indicated, so probably a bit less) over 3000 miles...

Sound like you're having fun with it then :D

Forget the running costs, buy one and enjoy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom