BMW M6 Gran Coupe VS Mercedes C63s VS F Type R

• M6 Gran Coupe

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • C63s

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • F Type R

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skatefarmer

Car
Macan S Petrol
Hi Guys,

I know these are 3 cars in different categories..but I am going to purchase one of them! Which would you take?

Interested to hear peoples opinion on picking one of these 3 cars:

BMW M6 Gran Coupe VS Mercedes C63s VS F Type R

I have driven all 3, I love them all for different reasons, although the F Type R could get annoying with lack of space / boot room (especially for going golfing with a mate!)

Can anyone give me any feedback on owning these cars and using them in the UK for daily drivers? Is the C63s extremely firm? I live on country roads in Scotland so it could be quite harsh!

Does anyone here use these cars in UK winters successfully without hassle with the RWD?

Do you want the C63S as a Coupe?

If not, consider an E63 - a great all rounder, with masses of space and power.

Thanks for the response.

The coupe is a little too expensive. Looking to pay 50k for each option. I have cars picked for sale which are all around 50k.

The E63 just doesn't look as good to me as these 3 listed cars unfortunately! (unless the new one which looks great)

C63s ...

Thanks for the response.

The coupe is a little too expensive. Looking to pay 50k for each option. I have cars picked for sale which are all around 50k.

The E63 just doesn't look as good to me as these 3 listed cars unfortunately! (unless the new one which looks great)

For looks it's the Jag (fixed head) for me - lovely :thumb:.

Thank you very much for the curve balls! I will look at each one now.

The RS7 has also been a serious consideration for me and I have driven it..just dont think it quite looks as good as a C63s or M6 Gran Coupe though!

I chose the 6 series.

One of the finest shaped cars for a while now - remember loving the look of them when they first came out.

I didn't rate the 640d I drove just before I last changed cars. It was OK but I imagine an M6 will be more the ticket except I was looking for a slower car (I would have gone for a 650i).

I've never been impressed with the C63 in any guise (except Acid's nutty million horsepower one) although I understand the appeal.

F Type... I can't help seeing them and thinking "A 458 or 488... oh it's an F Type" because of the lights (when natural light fading).

Not impressed with looks of them either (and I love the older facelifted XF and XJ).

I chose the 6 series.

One of the finest shaped cars for a while now - remember loving the look of them when they first came out.

I didn't rate the 640d I drove just before I last changed cars. It was OK but I imagine an M6 will be more the ticket except I was looking for a slower car (I would have gone for a 650i).

I've never been impressed with the C63 in any guise (except Acid's nutty million horsepower one) although I understand the appeal.

F Type... I can't help seeing them and thinking "A 458 or 488... oh it's an F Type" because of the lights (when natural light fading).

Not impressed with looks of them either (and I love the older facelifted XF and XJ).

I have a feeling the M6 is also one of the biggest discounted cars new (by %) available currently.

I have a feeling the M6 is also one of the biggest discounted cars new (by %) available currently.

The CLS63 sounds amazing, I just wish It looked as good as an M6 GC!

Yes the discount / Depreciation on the M6 / GC is crazy.

I am currently looking at buying a 2014 M6 GC with 1 owner from new, 20k miles..got him down to 46k so far and the list price is 110k:dk:

The CLS63 sounds amazing, I just wish It looked as good as an M6 GC!

Yes the discount / Depreciation on the M6 / GC is crazy.

I am currently looking at buying a 2014 M6 GC with 1 owner from new, 20k miles..got him down to 46k so far and the list price is 110k:dk:

I had a quick look on coast2coast cars and they were quoting about 23% off list which is a big chunk off.

I'm not drawn to BMW's to be honest, but neither am I keen on the CLS. It seems as my ability to buy cars increases I'm looking at ever more absurd things.

As the ex owner of V6 diesel 218 and 219 CLS, it would have to be the CLS63s for me, then the C63s after that being a current C63 owner who finds the car really comfortable (and fast).

I've looked at 6 series GCs, both the 640d and M6, and just find them bloated and honestly BMW don't do it for me.

The F Type well that's just a joke, I waited ages for them to come out to be wholly disappointed on the quality inside, the price and then the boot size. Bought a R172 SLK55 AMG instead which took enough luggage for two to France for a week....and brought additional wine back too!!

RR

I do like the M6 it is on my list for the next car, wish it had the Mercedes interior to go with its outside looks though.

C63s for me. Even better as an Estate.

Can anyone give me any feedback on owning these cars and using them in the UK for daily drivers? Is the C63s extremely firm? I live on country roads in Scotland so it could be quite harsh!

Does anyone here use these cars in UK winters successfully without hassle with the RWD?

I had a 640D GC for two and a half years.

I stuck 17" wheels with winter tyres on it and it wasn't too bad over the two winters I had it - though I didn't experience really bad conditions. As spring came the winter tyres were actually quite driveable - the back end would ease out of line earlier whereas the original Dunlop Maxx GTs would hang on longer but give with less warning.

Quite liked the F type V8 S a mate let me have a drive of recently. Not driven the alternatives so can't compare. One thing though, the guy used to work for JLR and had access to all their records for faults/recalls etc on their own and other manufacturers cars, and was of the opinion that the F type was a good bet compared to pretty much anything comparable.

Gran Coupe on looks alone, it's closer to what the original CLS should've been replaced with rather than the squashed S class look.

I'd discount the M6 because, well, it's a BMW.

Out of the other two it comes down how useable you need he car to be; if it's for weekend jaunts then the F-Type R or if it's a daily then the C63.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom