Mercedes caster bush splits after 4 years/20,000 miles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

basalt2003

Car
C220 CDI Sport Estate 07
Hi all,
I just had my C-Class 220 cdi estate serviced at the princeley mileage of 20,253 miles. Its a 2007 model w203 and I was advised by the dealer that the Caster bushes ns and os front are split and the Camber bushes ns and os front are starting to split:crazy:
There price for rectifying is £348.00 for the Caster and £225.36 for the Camber! They said its not urgent just yet but would need doing in around six months!
Is this not a bit poor for a Mercedes with that length of time/mileage and would it not be worth taking up with Mercedes head office as to "goodwill" gesture or somesutch?
The car has always been main dealer serviced and mot`d btw.
Thanks.
Stuart.

Well it is down really to how and on what the car has been driven....

Said that I would get a second opinion from a good indy before accepting MB's verdict.

Get a second opinion. Yours should have the modified type fitted from new. They DO last longer than 20k.

The old type lasted 30k.

Thanks.
Carefully driven over local roads and one journey to France on very good roads:)
Its not used a lot as Ive retired and its rarely used most times - as the mileage will show.
Any good indy in this neck of the woods btw?

Mods - - did I put this in wrong thread?:eek:

I'd definitely try for goodwill from MB, anything over 5 years and they aren't really interested.

Had the caster bushes replaced on my '07 E 220CDi at the last service. Car had done 297k miles, admittedly mostly motorway driving, but 20k miles sounds not very good to me.

I've been advised one of mine is leaking and needs replacing in the near future. 06, 74k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom