Mercedes Child Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Decided to get two child seats for the new E500, Anna has little recaros in her car attached via the seat belt, I dont fancy that so can someone with experience guide me please.

They can both climb in, put their harness on and fasten it meaning we just have to tug it tight and no bad backs etc. This took a lot of practise and bribery.

Also if anyone has any for sale :rolleyes:

Kids are 3.5, ones skinny, other normal.

I guess the R107 SL is a different kind of thing, but I find the only seats which fit well in there are the type which have a booster and separate back-rest which hinges a little. This means they can adapt to the slightly more upright back-rests you get in a convertible.

We've been using a Mamas and Papas Moto in this way bought from argos for a couple of years

Buy Mamas & Papas Moto Group 1-2-3 Car Seat at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Car seats.

Last night I got another one, slightly different Fisher Price one this time for the other lad, haven't fitted yet but seems very similar.
Buy Fisher-Price Safe Voyage Group 1-2-3 Car Seat at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Car seats.

We're a bit safety concious so in our daily cars we try to keep the kids (age 3 and1) rear facing (like they do in Sweden until something like age 6), this is an expensive option though because you have to find special ERF seats (extended-time rear facing) which normally have to be imported from Sweden. This just doesn't work for a coupe or convertible due to space and access for getting the kids in. 3rd baby due in October so we're stuffed then anyway - have bought a multi-mac for that, but that's another story.

I use the following seats for my 2 (I have a 2.5 year old girl and a 6.5 year old boy - boy uses the seat as just an isofix booster)

Britax Kidfix Highback Booster Car Seat - Black Thunder - highback boosters without harness (group 2-3) - Mothercare

I have 4 of these, 2 in the family car, 2 for the grand parents car. When I take my daughter out in my coupe I just slide the isofix fittings back in side the seat and use the seat belt to strap her in the front seat of my car. It fits really well in the AMG seats.

The also fitted well in the sports seats of my e class cab as well.

J.

Sorry should add. I would go for Isofix above just a belt to hold them in place, I know I use the belt in my car but seat fits nice and snug on the seat. In the rear where there is movement the isofix obv keeps the seat nice and secure. Whilst I realise they are more expensive than non isofix its only the price of a night out.

Plus my boy has been in one of these for the last 4.5 years, so they will last. He is a big old lump as well now and just uses the booster with the back removed. So a worth while investment.

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom