MERCEDES CL420 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lot of car for not much money. :thumb: if only insurance didn't cost same as the car.

I agree......I recently bought one but then I have no problem with insurance at £235/year

Mic

I need a runabout at the moment and seriously tempted to buy this.

im after the newer CL model but that is stunning, everything about it fits and is the best one ive ever seen (apart from the rust)

absolute bargain

just seen another one which looks in better condition and without being mean about either cars i now realise why ive never liked the older CL's

the alloys are horrible, the ebay one has flat faced AMG looking alloys and they normally seem to come with more rounded ones and thats the only thing i dont like about them

both are superb examples and one even has a UFC plate for any MMA fans

Apart from the fact that they're thirsty and they're not the prettiest car ever made, what's wrong with them? Or should I say what goes wrong with them??

And whatever does go wrong with them, you can bet it's not cheap to put right!!

the 500 is the best choice engine wise imo. they are solidly built, but there are some things that go wrong with them - wiring loom on the earlier cars, evaporators, best to look for later years

Has anyone dealt with that seller before? Bit of a distance from me so would appreciate any thoughts before bidding.

Feel free to pm me if preferred. Thanks

Might be worth giving the chap a call about the car and see how he responds to the questions you have. Alternatively, if you are seriously considering getting one, i'd give Jay a shout to see what he has in.

Jay's will come with 1 year warranty to forum members who qualify.

I've owned three CL's so have a pretty good idea what to look out for. I will give the seller a call and see what he has to say about it.

the 500 is the best choice engine wise imo. they are solidly built, but there are some things that go wrong with them - wiring loom on the earlier cars, evaporators, best to look for later years

I agree - hence owning three CL500's - but for a runaround, a CL420 is fine.

I don't think lowered suspension really suits these CL's - it just looks like your front springs have snapped and you can't afford to replace them :D.

Jay's one looks like a nice car and IMHO certainly worth a look.

I don't think lowered suspension really suits these CL's - it just looks like your front springs have snapped and you can't afford to replace them :D.

Jay's one looks like a nice car and IMHO certainly worth a look.

If it is properly lowered via the AMG option that was on the car, then they look very good. The awful polished alloys will last around 10 seconds if I buy the car before they are off to be refurbished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom