Mercedes CLC Wont remote unlock/lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sycho

Car
CLC 180
I have a CLC 180 Auto and it will not lock or unlock. The fuse is fine it locks from the dash button and auto locks when driving but wont lock
from outside the car.

The summer lock does not work and it wont lock with the key either Help!!!

It's probably the alarm siren which sits behind the N/S front wheel arch. Try unplugging the loom to it and see if the remote works.

It's probably the alarm siren which sits behind the N/S front wheel arch. Try unplugging the loom to it and see if the remote works.
Thank you for your help Sorry for the delay its only just stopped raining!!

I have tried unplugging it etc but still the same problem anything else you can think of trying? I can't find the CLC fuse digram its missing from the car as well if anyone has one?? not sure if any of the other fuses night be responsible.

The CLC is a W203 Coupe, so you can try looking for wring diagrams for CL203 or W203.

The issues you describe might be unrelated:

- The Summer Opening / Convenience Closure feature works on IR (not RF) and is notoriously unreliable on the W203.

- The mechanical lock in the driver door might simply be seized due to lack of use.

- Do you have a spare keyfob - and if so, does it behave in the same way? And, did you change the batteries in the fob, and if so what type of battery have you used?

could be the rf receiver or fuse for this circuit. I don't know where it is but probably back window area? so the fuse might be in the boot?

All good recommendations above OP. Hopefully it's sorted now, although if not, please see below thread from the other forum which may help:

The CLC is a W203 Coupe, so you can try looking for wring diagrams for CL203 or W203.
Hi I found out what the problem was !!! it was the Anti Tow alarm in the boot attached to the boot fuse box it was knackered when I unplugged it
all works no problem. The button on the dashboard did not work when turn off or on and it stops the car from locking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom