Mercedes CLK 208 ABS, BAS AND ASR lights on problem

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Renal57, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Renal57

Renal57 New Member

Car:
    Clk 320 convertible
    Mercedes CLK 208 ABS, BAS AND ASR lights on problem
    The ABS, BAS AND AS warning lights have come on my Mercedes CLK 320 convertible a 1999 W208 model. They were intermittent at first and now on all the time. I have done the quick fix of steering wheel calibration and break light switch replacement. I took it to my local garage who I do trust but he was a bit vague (Maybe he has not got a star Mercedes specific tester?) but thought it could be the ABS ECU module and the not a ABS sensor which I was hoping it would be at the cost of about £700 probably more than the car is worth lol.The advice I need is should I just get a second hand ABS ECU and fit it myself as it does not look a hard job and the unit is inexpensive second hand and then replace the pump if that does not fix the problem. I am worried that the replaced ECU will need resetting by a STAR Diagnostic tester although some you tube videos seem to think you do not have too. If I can fix the car I will trading it for an SL so wondering whether the tester will be a good investment for the future. Any advice appreciated.