Mercedes CLK 220CDI Instrument Cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Majorgibly

Car
Mercedes CLK 220CDI
Good Evening Enthusiasts,

I've been reading this forum for years and never made an account, I bought my first car (CLK 220CDI - Yes insurance is high...) I've never had any issues and I love it to pieces.

Getting in it today however and things starting going a little haywire so I hope one of you could help me out, I'm going to provide a private youtube video down below which will detail the problem(s).

1.) Ignition is switched on and all electronics work.
2.) Engine is started and I lose the ability to control the functions from the steering wheel, Speedo and rev counter doesn't move, wipers don't work, stuff like heated seats also don't work. However the door looking mechanism does.

Had similar problem with my 280CLK ,new ignition switch.

try resetting the service interval , probs wont fettle it like but worth a try ....

Had similar problem with my 280CLK ,new ignition switch.

The problem seemed to resolve itself and I didn't do anything, so unsure, obviously something is underlying here. Did you fit the ignition switch yourself or take it to a garage.

Cain.

Do your headlights normally illuminate if dark when you unlock the car?

Is so does that still work when you are having the issue?

A new battery often sorts out intermittent, weird electrical faults on MB diesels.
Less than 12.7v on starting is not at all liked
How old is yours? It may be marked on the battery.

Do your headlights normally illuminate if dark when you unlock the car?

Is so does that still work when you are having the issue?

As far as my memory serves me that still worked when unlocking the car when it was dark, how would that affect things? Trying to understand my car and gain some knowledge.

(Off topic, is oil filter under the engine?)

A new battery often sorts out intermittent, weird electrical faults on MB diesels.
Less than 12.7v on starting is not at all liked
How old is yours? It may be marked on the battery.

I shall check, I do seem to get weird and wonderful things occur when the weather is cold. I'm now storing it in the garage and start up is fine whereas before sometimes it would struggle.

As far as my memory serves me that still worked when unlocking the car when it was dark, how would that affect things?

The reason i ask is that I had a similar fault with my old c and it also effected the auto light function. It required a new instrument cluster.

That said I had no display whatsoever which you do appear to have so hopefully your fault isn't the same.

The reason i ask is that I had a similar fault with my old c and it also effected the auto light function. It required a new instrument cluster.

That said I had no display whatsoever which you do appear to have so hopefully your fault isn't the same.

That sounds 'griefy' I'm hoping it's the battery causing weird issues. I just hope it doesn't happen again when I'm 100 of miles away from home...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom