Mercedes clk 320 coupe key fob problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anthonys0202

Car
Mercedes clk 320 coupe
Hi there guys. I have a problem with my key fob. I bought the car the other day and was told the fob needed a new battery.

I replaced the battery and the fob led was flashing when the buttons were pressed. Thr central locking worked when pointed at the ir on the door handle. But wouldn't work from a distance.

A day went by and noticed the led was no longer flashing when buttons pressed. It's also becoming very hard to unlock now via the ir on the door.

The key is still showing infa red as iv tried it in front of a camera.

The car is becoming increasingly difficult to lock and unlock.

Does anybody know what this could be. Many thanks in advance.

Bit of a bodge job but seemed to work for this guy;
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HI, the IR is to operate hood and windows, not the locking, that's done through a radio transponder, try another battery, there are a great many cheap faulty ones about. There is a company in Birmingham who can do things that Mercedes say can't be done with lock electronics, ReplacementMercedesKeys - Mercedes keys programmed and repaired! - Mercedes key - Contact Us Let us know how you get on.
No problem. Both fobs have the same problem.

Ah OK I thought the door handle had something to do with the locking. The car won't open unless I point the fob at the small square shape on the door handle.

Thanks in advance.

Also could it be a dodgey radio transponder? Where is this located? I have had both batteries tested and there ok apparently. Thanks.
HI, the IR is to operate hood and windows, not the locking, that's done through a radio transponder, try another battery, there are a great many cheap faulty ones about. There is a company in Birmingham who can do things that Mercedes say can't be done with lock electronics, ReplacementMercedesKeys - Mercedes keys programmed and repaired! - Mercedes key - Contact Us Let us know how you get on.
Bsp

What does BSP mean ?

Hi guys after replacing the battery. The led on the fob started working.

however the key fob won't work unless pointed very close to the drivers door.

sometimes won't work unless I rub clean the square bit on the handle and the end of the key fob. fob

anyone have anymore ideas what this could be?

obviously the fob is working to a degree but won't work at all unless it is pointed very close to the drivers door.

any imput on this would be superb. Thanks.

I have also checked the light with a camer a. It does light up with a red and white light.

I have read on forums there should be a blue and white light? Not sure if this relates to my key. My car is a 2003 clk320.

Fuse 8 has been checked and is good. Somebody said the radio may not work properly if the antenna doesn't work properly. Mine a ok.

I gather there s 2 ways of unlocking on this car. The ir on the door handle and then the antenna for long distance.

the ir works but is fiddley. And the antenna doesn't.

Thanks.

Was having similar problems so I just followed the video that was posted by paulr2006 and it seems to have worked a treat for the IR. Tho time will tell. Quite straight forward most difficult bit is removing the plastic coating from the PCB and also you need a small cable tie or the lock wont fit back into the hole. FM / distance still not working. Would be grateful if anybody has any ideas on this. My FM amplifier also seems fine. Ive checked that by tuning in to a weak radio station and pulling the f8 fuse and this makes the radio go off. starts to work again when fuse is pushed back in.

Did you manage to fix yours yet by any chance?

The IR definitely operates the door locks on my car. Does anybody know how to reprogram/resync the key for a fob which doesn't have a separate boot release button please?

The IR definitely operates the door locks on my car. Does anybody know how to reprogram/resync the key for a fob which doesn't have a separate boot release button please?

Hi there. my ir operates ok at a very close distance. But the antenna side of things just doesnt work. so i am still in the same place really. doing my nut in haha.

i did think it might be something to do with the antenna but then i just wondered if that was down then surely the radio would be awful. my radio works absolutely fine no problems at all as far as i know.

i am not looking forward to the winter with this problem. so really need to get my act together and find the problem asap.thanks

I did have to put the key very close to the handle for it to work before i followed the video it will now work from about 5 feet away. Also it now works every time instead of standing there repeatedly pressing the button until it worked. would much rather to Not have to rely on the IR but i cant figure out how the system works or even where the amplifier and associated wiring is. Seems we both have the same problem. I have come across diagrams of where the different parts are but there different configurations for the different options. I will let you know what it was if i ever manage to get to the bottom of it and would appreciate it if you'd do the same of it maybe its our crappy welsh weather lol. Here is a link that may help you but cant say it really helped me much. Good luck
Location of Antenna Amplifier in W203 Wagon? - MBWorld.org Forums

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom