Mercedes Clk200 Elegance Auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iced-out

1997 clk200 elegance

Its met. Green, not sure of exact name but its dark.
Cream leather seats
Air-con
Sunroof
5-speed auto
Cruise control
Rainsensor
Usual electrics and extras
6months tax, and good tyres

Family owned since new, 56,000 miles, full mercedes service history

Priced at £12,500 no offers, its a genuine untampered car

Can provide pictures and more detail, please send a pm.
Thanks

Last edited:
^BUMP^
Dropping price to £12,000, and the car will be going in for a service next week, so it will be newly serviced and ready to go, with none of the usual new used car expenses, can provide more pictures if required

Attachments

• media.jpg
    media.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
iced-out said:
^BUMP^

Any suggestions as to why im having no response?
No !

Are you advertising elsewhere ? I guess the colour combination may not be everybody's cup of tea - not sure on price as to what these go for either.

Spec sounds nice though.

S.

Most of us already have a Mercedes here, so it would probably pay to advertise elsewhere, AutoTrader or ebay.

Last edited:
OK i guess thats a fair point, anyone had previous expirence with autotrader, top marques, exchange&mart, which one should i start off with?

Right well all the magazines are ok, but you pay a lot of money for 1 weeks of advertising. The autotrader usually have deals for advertising for 3 weeks, u probably need this as 1 week usually isnt enough.

Also ebay is worth a go. Put it on with a good description, good photos and a penny start. Up to you whether you set a reserve. The actual auction may not get anywhere, but the reach of ebay is far better than any magazine. So you will probably get someone have a look and make a private offer, serious private buyers usually prefer not to get into a bidding contest. Then if someone pays you a deposit you can always end the auction early.

By the way,looking at the picture, it doesnt look like a standard uk colour? Havent seen it before on a clk i dont think.

Good Luck

Jay

OK thanks for the advice guys, ill give ebay a try i think.

As for the colour, when we ordered it the dealer said it would be rare, wasnt sure why at the time, but ill have to call MB and find out what its called.

iced-out said:
OK thanks for the advice guys, ill give ebay a try i think.

As for the colour, when we ordered it the dealer said it would be rare, wasnt sure why at the time, but ill have to call MB and find out what its called.
You could always look at the colour code on one of the vehicle ID plates and then get one of the guys here to translate the 3 digit colour code into a description for you. One plate is located on the frame by the driver's door and the other is under the bonnet near the front. e.g. mine is 279 which translates as Vivianite Green. Shude took an example picture of the panel by the driver's door but I can't seem to find the relevant post at the moment.

*EDIT* Found it! :)

chassisplate.jpg

This is the plate from Shude's previous car on the B pillar frame by the driver's door. Shude's previous car was #891 (Alexandrite green).

S.

Last edited:
Just had a look and it does not have a number there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom