mercedes clone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adds

Car
clk
hello i got myself a clk awhile ago now, i did a hpi check and the vin matched /reg matched v5 paper looked right address was right. there was a fault on the car needed new front springs and SRS light was on. as the car was still under warranty i took it to mercedes where they repaired all this under warranty. never had any problems its now been over 4 months now since buying the car and i had to send away the v62 forum with my v5/c as i still didint have a new v5 log of the car. the dvla have phoned me asking if i had sold the car as they have 2 ppl claiming onwer ship of it. one being me. since then iv had the car checked by vosa and they have said its fine but could not find the engine number, im really starting to worry now.

Is this a W208 or W209? The engine number is usually to the rear of the Engine block on the drivers side and is made up of a series of dots.

Is there not a way of getting engine number by EPC by Inputting the VIN and then you get all the details? Just a thought.

Also worth considering it could have had an engine swap at some point and no one informed the DVLA

Have your local Mercedes dealer check the engine number, if unsure.

It sounds like yours is a legitimate car and maybe there was another intended sale, which fell through.

hi i got the car privately but the car has been into mercedes main dealership and had parts replaced under warranty, the car its self is only 2 years old and its a w209 . i have hpi check with states the vin on the car/ mercedes paper work wit hthe same. and vosa have now looked at t and said its a genuine car as all the vins ect are fine. they have said they need to check the car that the other guy is claiming wwith the same plates as mine 1st before they issue the docs. this is really starting to turn in to a mess. i guess atlest the vosa guy is happy my car is real then.

There will only be one car left after VOSA check and it will be yours.

Don't worry.

i guess so was just starting to worry but i guess all the paper work and checks make on the car does point back to it being a good car, alought i do feel sorry that some one has to lose out of this i guess :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom