Mercedes CLS 219 Front Pre Fuse Box Location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
Due to a non functioning Airmatic Compressor on my CLS55 (2006 Model), I need to check the fuse for the Compressor which is in the front pre-fuse box, thinking it was in the passenger front foot well I have taken out the carpet and removed the plate bolted to the floor that has a load of ECUs bolted to the underside and expected to see the fuse box there but it wasn't.
So I now think it is in the drivers side foot well, but gaining access to it seems a bit complicated to change/check a fuse, can anyone confirm its location and if there is an easier way to access it?
Many thanks

Is it not at the end of the dashboard as you open the door, same as the W211 Andy?

fuse-box-side-of-dash.jpg

Cheers for the reply and yes you are correct, there is a fuse box there, but the one I am looking for is the front pre fuse box

The link shows a LHD car it shows the fuse box in the passenger side footwell its not there on a RHD car, Which I take to mean its in the drivers footwell which seems very difficult to get at just wanted confirmation of this and if there is an easy way to get access without removing the lower dash, carpet and throttle pedal to get to it

The link shows a LHD car it shows the fuse box in the passenger side footwell its not there on a RHD car,
I cannot see that in the link I sent you ????
There are three locations shown, engine comparment, end of the dash and the rear sam in the boot.
The pre-fuse is in the engine compartment with the front sam,

This is another link to CLS fuses :
W219 All fuse and relay assignments

On my 219 there is a fuse box in the engine bay. Offside near the bulkhead under a plastic cover

Its on the drivers side, under the carpet if memory serves. You’ll need to take the throttle pedal out and a bit of work to get the carpet up. There’s a plastic cover over it I think, but I haven’t done one for a good few years

Cheers Gazz for confirming this, I always get confused when dealing with WIS documents and locations referred too as all the vehicle's in WIS are LHD.
I can now continue my fault finding on my airmatic, fingers crossed its not going to empty my bank account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom