Mercedes Cls general info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philevans36

Car
Mercedes c class
hello i am new to the club currently drive a Mercedes c class and looking to upgrade

to a Mercedes Cls could someone advise you get a lot of car for your money is there a reason

should i be looking for anything or and large common faults these car suffer from

What's your budget, what model year are you considering?

The CL500s are fantastic value because everyone wants the 3L or less in other models due to economy and an additional £200something a year tax.

The CL500s are fantastic value because everyone wants the 3L or less in other models due to economy and an additional £200something a year tax.
Anyt known problems with them and experience

from any other Mercedes as my c class has been pretty good

It's a 600, but an ongoing series of posts currently in progress from an owner

Are you looking at the CL or the CLS range?

Reactions: Abb
Are you looking at the CL or the CLS range?
Ah, good spot.

I had read that the OP was considering CLs (plural). But maybe he is looking for a CLS!

Edit:
After a bit of further thinking on this, when I was wondering what module 30lt or module 3.5ly might be, I am deducing that it is probably a CLS, with either a 3.0L 320 CDi or 350 CDI, or the 3.5L petrol in its various power outputs and revisions.

OP, give us a clue. Any fuel preference?

Last edited:
My hunch is OP looking for a CLS

I ran a 2012 CLS 350 CDI for 5 years. Brilliant engine. Sometimes suffered leaks on turbo inlets, never major and spotted and fixed on service. Do it, lots of car for the money and usually reasonably loaded from the factory.

You're the original poster since you started the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom